Pro-ATC/X

chumley

Yep, I've had it for a while now.

It is, I believe, the best ATC add-on in the game. I had a few highly priced alternatives, but this is the best.

Having said that, it is not without it's annoyances. 

The set-up is quite daunting and trying to work out how to add home grown background ATC chatter is a nightmare.

If you are from Germany, you will love all the german voices of the pilot, co-pilot, controller, etc, but, if you are like me and like to have home grown voices then that is where the fun begins again.

You can change those voices, but it is another nightmare as well.

Overall, I'd say it's worth the effort and there is talk (excuse the pun) that it will soon go to voice activation....woohoo, now that would be something!

I don't think there's a better ATC program out there as good as this one, as far as I've seen,

Frank

Thanks Frank

My life has been so full of nightmares recently that I now take them in my stride ;) so another couple won't hurt. I have been on their site and subscribed to their forum and quickly scanned a couple of video tutorials. I'm not in a great rush for this and will check it out a bit more. I have tired of waiting for Radar Contact to either resume programming or acknowledge RCv5 is dead. I was on their beta test team but have heard nothing since the sabbatical was announced by the programmer nearly a year ago.

When/if I purchase and get around to making it 'aussie real' I will get back to you for advice if that is OK with you.

BTW, had a look at some of the YouTube videos about the Sim being constructed by the guy in WA - quite impressive. I certainly won't go that far but I suspect I may venture into the multiple screen realm when I get back from overseas at the end of August.

Thanks again for your comments.

Archived