RealityXP Wx500 Any Owners Here?

Last week Just Flight had a short sale, 30$ for any two of their 'premier' aircraft, so I went ahead and grabbed the 'Boeing 737-200 Professional' and the 'BAe 146-200-300' packages. I had a bunch of points that worked out to about 7$ so I paid 23$ for the both of them, pretty damn good deal if you ask me. Anyways, the 'BAe 146-200-300' has a pre-configured panel spot for a number of third party weather radar addons. I was thinking of buying the RealityXP Wx500 unit to compliment the aircraft as the majority of my flights these days consist of flying scientists and cargo back and fourth from the SAK and PFJ FTX areas across to the Kamchatka Peninsula. The weather *ANY* time of the year is unpredictable in that region and since adding Opus Weather to FSX about a month ago the whole weather realism just got kicked up a couple notches in terms of turbulence simulation.

Have any of you Airmen had any experiences with the RealityXP Wx500 Weather Radar Unit? Do you use any other versions from other developers like Captain Sim? Any of your thoughts and/or opinions on any of the units would be greatly appreciated as I don't trust completely 100% FSX website reviews of payware products.

Cheers

Jocko

I am sorry that I cannot answer your question.  But I do have to ask, you mentioned flying over Kamchatka.  Do you have the Kamchatka: The Lost World scenery add on by Aerosoft?  If so, how is it?  I have been thinking about buying it for several weeks now for my flights in Air Hauler.  

Thanks

I have the weather radar and for me adds to the sense of immersion although for me the aircraft you can fit it in tends to be limited simply due to the dash space.

I've got it fitted to the Carenado C340 and also the QW BAe146 Collection, it looks nice and adds to the immersion but as I said, finding an aircraft with the panel space can be hard.

Thanks for the reply Hans. I imagine just like with their GPS Garmin GNS series products, running the WX500 on a separate monitor via a new window created in an aircraft's panel config works just as well if there's no room in the VC?

I'm currently in the process of creating a dedicated "simulator station" in my basement that consists of 4 Monitors for glass gauges, FMC's, overhead's, etc, and a dedicated projector for my main external views. I'm not getting into anything super expensive as of yet, just a couple networked PC's running WideFS and cheap monitors.

Archived