Black rectangles at Compton-Abbas(FTX Englandw/out airport add-on)

WhizWheel

Hello,

Wondering if there is a fix to these black rectangles showing up at Compton-Abbas.  This is the airfield included in FTX England.  I have SP 1 and 2 loaded from ORBX support. The rectangles will change position when setting different times.  When you approach the rectangles, they will disappear.  When retreating(slew mode) they will reappear.  When they are north of the field, they are floating above ground.  I haven't seen this anomaly at any other fields - yet.  If flying at 0600H they are not visible.  But, at later times, they are on top of the runway.  Here are some shots.  Thanks for any help in removing these.

Cheers,

Jerry

pJFj.png

Z617q.png

puYSG.png

GtfA3.png

hXBlN.png

co7Nr.png

As an add-on to my original post, I just deleted the ORBX file in FSX and re-installed the England PCDVD 1.0 thinking this might clear out the black squares on Compton-Abbas.  Well, they are unfortunately still there.  Has anybody else seen this?  I'd love to purchase the Compton-Abbas airfield scenery, but will have to wait until these squares can be eradicated.  Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jerry 

Hi Jerry, looks like you have ground shadows turned on, I would suggest turning them off, gives you both a huge performance boost, and resolves anomalies like seen in the above shots,

We try to always bake the shadows into the ground textures/objects when possible

Tim and John,

Thanks much.  The ground shadows "off" did the trick.  Haven't tried using DX10 preview since I didn't think I needed it since I am running Direct X 11.  Again, you guys put Harry Potter to shame.  If any of you are ever in central Pennsylvania, I'll treat you to a beverage of your choice. :D

Cheers,

Jerry

Archived