FSGlobal vs FSGenesis

I will give you my best shot on how to explain these, but I’m just a user like you, so please be patient:

The problem with coastlines is inherent to FSX scenery. So it doesn’t matter which mesh terrain you get, you will always have the coastline error…

FSX doesn't create coastlines based on the mesh terrain, but based on a data coming from somewhere else, and, due to some constrains added during its developing process (like FSX DVD available space or Data Availability). As a result FSX has an average like coastline. In consequence, as soon as you get more accurate Mesh, errors become more evident. Particularly for areas like: Norway (Thanks ORBX for planning a FTX!!), Denmark, Hawaii, Japan (Hope ORBX can think about a FTX for here ;)), Caribbean, Chile, Korea, Vietnam, Argentina and other areas.

The way to overcome this is by modifying the scenery “vectors†(That’s what I understand), so add-ons, like FTX or Ultimate Terrain or dedicated sceneries, are the solution for this problem. (not the Mesh)

If someone with more expertise can support or why not deny my comment, please do it that will be helpful for the community! Remember I'm just a FSX user... ;)

So returning to FTX Global, in order to achieve the same level of detail as FTX areas, then, as this thread shows, you will have to improve not only FSX Mesh terrain (like FS Genesis or FS Global) but also Land-Class (another topic)

And…

Coastlines Improvements!!….

So (and here is my small push to ORBX or someone with the means to make it true) I wonder if is possible or feasible to develop global coastlines improvements!

Archived