Unable to open FTX AI Contol Panel

Downloaded & installed FTX_AU_AI_Traffic_V4.0

Clicking on desktop FTX AI Control panel a warning box appears after opening and I am unable to proceed to enable/disable traffic.

Configuration File: C\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\orbx_cpl_ftxai xml. does not exists.

This orbx_cpl_ftxai XLM file is present in the Orbx scripts folder within FSX & date modified 24/03/13 at 11:40am - 3KB 

The reason why I attempted to open the Control Panel is after the recent V4.0 pack I see little traffic at or flying around major AU/NZ airports compaired with previous versions.  Within FSX,  both Airline Traffic Density/ General Aviation Density sliders are set at 16% which I have not change for considerable time. 

Is this a small problem or designed this way,  Thanks Team in advance. 

Something seems to have gone amiss with your install. The file orbx_cpl_ftxai.xml should have been deleted and replaced by the file orbx_cpl_ftxauai.xml in the V4.0 install routine. Perhaps you could run the install routine again and see if it goes better the second time.

If that does not fix the problem then a new download may be appropriate. If that still does not resolve the issue, then report back and we will try some other checks. 

Thanks Graham for reply.

Have reinstalled V4.0 and have orbx_cpl_ftxauai in Orbx Script folder and re-run FSX with alot more traffic, however same problem from previous post exits when trying to open from the desktop FTX AI Control Panel Icon (all other Orbx icons on desktop can be opened without any problems) 

When I reinstalled the 4 tick boxes appeared in the FTX AI CONTROL PANEL however when I (unticked) FSX Default Traffic another box comes up with an orange diamond with a ! - could not switch option 'FSX DEFAULT TRAFFIC'. 

As I fly 99% within AU/NZ I left the three other FTX AI ticked then exit.  The only way I can get into the control panel is another reinstall. 

I run FSX not PD3

OK, we are now closer to a resolution. The problem you are now having with the FSX Default traffic is probably because you have two FSX default traffic files on your system. 

Could you please go to your Scenery\World\Scenery folder within FSX and look for a file named trafficAircraft.bgl. See if you also have one named trafficAircraft.bgl.DISABLED_FOR_FTX_AI, both will be 22,615KB in size. If you do have both, just delete one, they are both the same file just with one enabled and the other disabled,  and you CP option should then work.

Graham, yes I had both trafficAircraft.bgl.and trafficAircraft.bgl.DISABLED_FOR_FTX_AI, in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder.  I deleted one as suggested and have re-downloaded V4.0 again this afternoon with this new installed,  The could not switch option 'FSX DEFAULT TRAFFIC' warning has disappeared.  Those above two matters appear resolved thank you.

But..........

Trying again to open the desktop ORBX FTX AI Control Panel Icon still shows that I am unable to proceed as in my first post with

Configuration File: C\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\orbx_cpl_ftxai xml. does not exists.

Any further clues welcomed

Are you trying to open the CP panel icon on your desktop? If so, that is probably an old one and is trying to find a nonexistent CP xml.

Can you open FTX Central and select the FTX AU AI Traffic CP from there and see if it works. If so, delete the icon on your desktop as this is essentially redundant with the FTX Central option. It saves having lots of unnecessary icons on your desktop.

Archived