SAK Download won't install

Stratocruiser

My order number is FSS0214038 dated May 16, 2013 for the Southern Alaska scenery for FSX. I set the FTX Central to Default and try to install it. I keep getting a message asking for Disk 2 and then Disk 3.

I have already followed the suggestions found in the forum to have Microsoft .net4 installed; installed and used the registration fix tool; used Winzip to open the downloaded files to desktop and then ran the unwraper and the installer. The unwrap seems to run properly and the installation starts properly but after about five minutes it stops with the progress bar about half way done. A window pops open and asks for disk number 2. Of course I do not have any disks as this was a download. There is a location shown and I click on OK, but nothing happens. I click on Browse but I do not know where to change the path to. If I change the path at all, it tells me I have inserted the wrong disk. I click on Cancel and the same kind of window comes up asking for Disk number 3 and I go through the same drill and when I click on Cancel, the Finish window pops up and my only choice is to click on it. The scenery does not install as there is no change to any of the airfields or scenery when I start the sim. Also, there is note of the User Guide pdf when I look at the FTX Central.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Howard

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry about the caps in the title. I keep forgetting that means I am shouting.

I have all the NA sceneries, the England scenery, and several airport sceneries installed and never had a problem doing the install. This one has me beat. I had already found the earlier posts and the ones you listed for me and have already done all that. I even bought the Winzip program and have been using that as suggested. I also went back and did another download from a different server, all to no avail.

As the unwrapper nears completion, it seems to pause and another window pops up saying "The product installer is about to be executed. Please do NOT click Finish on this wrapper until the product installer has completed." If I do nothing, the wrapper installer stays paused, forever. If I click on "OK", immediately that window closes and the unwarpper window disappears and the "FTX NA SAK Setup, Welcome to the installer for FTX NA SAK 1.00" window opens. It seems like the unwrapper did not actually finish as I am not shown the "Finish" click spot for it. I start the Setup installer running and the status bar starts across for about five minutes and then I get the pop up window asking for disk 2. I notice the icon for the Unwrapper is shown down in the bottom task bar. I click on it and it brings up that window showing that the unwrapper has completed and there is the "Finish" button, but there is a note that says not to click on "Finish" until the installer has completed. Since I can't find any other files to point to for the disk 2 and 3, I end up canceling or aborting the install. I have even tried clicking on Finish in the unwrapper window before the installer is done, but that does not help. I have now spent over five hours on this and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Howard

Hi Rodi,

I had already found that post and had tried it, but it did not help. See my reply to John.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard,

SAK was the first time I also had a problem getting it to install properly.  Had a time getting a 'good' download due to server load on first day of SAK release.  Then could not get the installer to complete.  After clearing cookies, chace, history etc. and prior to even unzipping the files I disabled my virus protection, firewall and even my screen grabbing program.  The installer finally ran correctly with no problems.  I'm not sure if what I turned off etc. actually helped or not but SAK is in my FSX now so keep on trying because it is outstanding scenery.

Good luck.

Hi Guys,

OK, I took a hint from Spud and shut down just about EVERYTHING that was running on my 'puter and finaly got the files to install properly. All is joy now. I have never had so much trouble with a download or took so much time to get it to work before. Am right now enjoying a flight from Haines to Juneau where I will duplicate my real life flight in a Beaver float plane four years ago around the seven glaciers.

Issue looks like it is resolved.

Thank you all for your help.

Howard

Archived