AK South issues

cvultejus

PAWD Seward aiport is 50 ft above default PAWD airport and trees everywhere at all elevations

PAMR 3/4 buildings photo real and flat

I have UTX AK and Aerosoft Anchorage and Faibanks installed ,  My FTX Central has ORBX selected but scenery is really bad around city areas

where is the AK south PDF?

Order Number: FSS0213437

Hi cvultejus,

welcome to Orbx!

The SAK manual can be accessed either through FTX Central or directly in {FSX}\ORBX\User Documents, as the file named "FTX NA BLUE SAK User Guide.pdf"

For Ultimate Alaska X and Aerosoft PANC compatibility please see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56683-ultimate-alaska-x-and-ultimate-terrain-x-canada-compatibility-with-ftx-southern-alaska-sak/

and http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56575-aerosofts-panc-ted-stevens-international-airport-by-sim-wings-compatibility-with-ftx-southern-alaska-sak/

Cheers, Holger

thx for quick responce.  I did everything mentioned above but im still having elevation issues at PAWD.  The airport is sitting about 50 feet in the air.  The scenery is all there but the airport seems to be on top of a default airport below it.  I dont see any pawd scenery add on in my add on scenery or scenery files.

Hi there,

did you also notice the issue with the misnamed Seward files? http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/58171-problems-with-seward-alaska/?p=525046

If that's not it then I'd suggest running a Windows search for "PAWD" as I've mentioned in that post. Let us know the result and we'll take it from there.

Cheers, Holger

ok i did that, mar update.  the elevation is a lot better but still not right The rwy is still elevated about 10 feet above the old default one. I can sometimes see through the new orbx one.  I have a wind sock sticking out of the rwy proabably from the old default one and the fences dont not align with terrain,. I must have some sort of other add on file conflicting, but im not sure where it could be.  Ive checked everywhere in the scenery folders and cant find any other pawd or padw files

Hi there,

what PAWD files came up in the Windows search? There should only be "ADE_FTX_SAK_PAWD.BGL", "ADE_FTX_SAK_PAWD_CVX.BGL", and "FTX_SAK_objects_PAWD_PLC.bgl" in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery

and "ADE_FTX_SAK_PAWD_elevation_adjustment.BGL" in \Scenery\World\scenery, with a backup copy in \ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF. These files should be present and anything else would be a potential culprit.

Also, since the FTX SAK block of entries in the FSX scenery library menu exclude all airport objects at lower display priority whatever is interfering in your case has to be in an active scenery folder above the FTX block.

Cheers, Holger

Archived