Progress Bar Pops up during flight!

Kosmo007

HI all,

if this is posted somewhere I can't find it.

Of late, no matter what area I fly in, when running ORBX scenery for NA, once in the air, and at random intervals, the screen goes black and the progress bar appears for a nonosecond. Something loads in a flash, then flight returns to normal.

This annoying progress bar might appear 3 or 4 times during a 30 minute flight and It happens with any aircraft. However, I never see a progress bar appear when I 'm running FSX default scenery.

I would say, but I'm not postive, that this started about the time I installed SAK!

That being said the progress bar will appear no matter what area I fly. The point is I don't have to be in SAK territory! This "bar" never appeared with any other Orbx/FTX scenery install but seems to have started after I installed SAK.

Anybody have an idea of what might be going on?

Thanks

kosmo007

This has only happened to me using time acceleration, when the computer has to catch up to load the current scenery.

I would think that it is a system specific thing, possibly another process slowing HDD loading (AV or indexing etc)

Might be worth checking that your drives are transferring information at the rate they should.

Can't recall seeing any other reports of this to date.

Do you have the registered version of FSUIPC?

There is a setting in there on the MISC tab which can do this if its enabled

I believe its titled 'Sync FS clock to real time' or something similar.

This has been happening to me for a few years. I don't think it's 100% ORBX related though. Ian is right in saying that FSX is "catching up" loading the scenery. I first noticed it when I was flying really fast jets. My PC at that time really struggled drawing the scenery at the rate I was travelling. When I switched to a really slow GA plane, the problem disappeared totally. For me the cut off speed is around 180 knots to 200 knots. Anything faster (whilst flying low) and the progress bar comes up. Even now with my i7 system, I get it occasionally. But sticking to the low and slow gives me no problems at all.

I never reported it because I don't believe it's an ORBX problem.

I may be wrong, but I believe that sometimes if you are using real world weather (eg Opus or Rex or AS) together with an AI traffic programme, when the weather updates it can sometimes cause a re-load of the traffic, leading to the progress bar appearing as it updates. I seem to recll this happening to me some years ago, though I haven't experienced it lately.

Archived