Downloading Problem

Dazzlercee

Like a few other users I am constantly getting the 1.1.502 Bad Gateway error when trying to download from the Freeware server myftx.com.

I have flushed the DNS cache, rebooted my modem, tried alternative DNS servers (google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) with no joy.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or maybe an Australian based DNS server address to try?

Thanks.

Over the past few days I have been trying to download the AU SP4.002 Patch from the support page but have been experiencing the following problem :-

Posted Image

This screen not only appears in the above patch download but when I tried to download the latest libraries, it appeared also.

I eventually managed to download the libraries from the original notification in the Forums page.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a fault in my computer.

Hi JFS,

seems that a lot of people in the UK are having troubles downloading lately, not sure what the issue is, but probably has something to do with DNS stuff, did you reset your router and cleared all temp folders, also best is to use a download manager with a resume option so that in case of disturbance you can resume the download where it left of

Just tried this on a different PC at my office, on a different ISP and same error - 1.1.502 Bad Gateway.

I am located in the UK and cannot download any Freeware - patches are OK from the cloud.

Is there anything that can be done, any suggestions.

Thanks.

Thanks for info, yes, I did clear out my temp folders and I do use Getright as my download manager but I was not getting to the point of setting my download. The screen shown came up before I was asked to save.

I will however now reset my router.

Many thanks for your prompt help.

Same problem here, also in the UK.

Two different PC's, two locations, two ISPs - always getting 1.1.502 Bad Gateway error when trying to download freeware.

I have flushed DNS cache, rebooted PC, rebooted router and modem etc, still no joy.

Morning all,

I've also had the same problem over the past few days whilst trying the install a few SPs. The only solution that I discovered was to search for the respective thread in the release announcements forum and use the cloud links at the bottom.

All the best,

Ok, one of our UK team members has sent me a tracert, which has revealed to me what the issue is, just doing a few settings to the server to cope for the ISP issues (yes, not a server issue but UK DNS/ISP issue) and hopefully that will fix it

Hi again

I did as Jetstream1 suggested and low and behold I am at present downloading the file from the support site.

Seems funny though that it loads this way but not the other, still it is now loading so many thanks to all who helped.

Jay will like me for this one, he only just sorted out my problem accessing the Flightsim Store, still you know what they say - Only the Best get no rest.

Kind regards

JFS

Archived