FTX Central "Region Files Validation / Error Report

Charles Scott

Customer# 216771 Ref code: 93197

I previously posted concerning my not being able to download My "FTX USA Canada- Pacific Fjords." That issue has been resolved- I was not allowing enough time for the download. I now have an issue with FTX Central. When I click on the icon and then "allow", it loads with "Region Files Validation Report / Custom Files Validation Report". Numerous "FSX file does not exist....." are shown. I then exit the report and click "Apply NA". It then indicates "NA was applied but with errors". I click "OK and "Apply Region Files Error Report" appears. I open this and another list of

"FSX File does not exist" appears. The ORBX scenery is shown when I click "settings" and then "scenery" after opening my FSX but does not appear when I fly. My operating sys is Windows VISTA.

I would appreciate any suggestions to help with this problem.

Thanks, Charles

Hi Charles,

are you using FSX SP2 or Acceleration? Either version is required to properly run our products because otherwise you'll be missing some default autogen files (among other things), which are probably the ones listed in the error message. If you do have FSX SP2 installed can you take a screenshot of the full error report and post it here, please? Our how-to guide for posting screenhots is here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Mr. Sandmann. After installing FSX SP2, I no longer see any error reports when opening FTX Central and subsequently clicking "Apply NA". When I open my FSX, open "settings", and then look in "scenery", it appears that my ORBX scenery is installed . But when I fly, I do not see the ORBX scenery. Note: I have previously downloaded and installed "ORBXLIBS", which is listed at the top of my scenery list with My Orbx folders listed immediately below.

Thanks, Charles

Hi Charles,

first thing to try is to start FTX Central and cycle it once to Default FSX and right back to North America, pressing "Apply" each time. Then restart FSX and pick a location in PFJ, say PAKT or CYPR, to check the scenery. If it still doesn't look right please take a couple of screenshots and post them here; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers, Holger

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mr. Sandmann,

As per your suggestion, I started FTX Central and cycled it once to Default FSX and right back to NA, pressing "Apply" each time. I then restarted FSX and picked "PAKT", and it still appears to be default scenery. I will send you a couple of screenshots with this post (hopefully).

Thanks, Charles

Hi Charles,

it's a little difficult to see from your screenshot but this may just be an issue with very low FSX display slider settings not to mention a bad case of the "blurries". Please have a look at the PFJ manual about recommended display settings.

Below is a screenshot of mine from the same position. As you can see the shorelines and ground textures are the same indicating that the installation is OK. I don't see the plateau in your screenshot that PAKT sits on (~50ft ASL) but, again, that could be due to your current display settings.

Cheers, Holger

post-375-0-11173300-1365637090_thumb.jpg

Archived