A question about static airliners at KJAC.

kenthom

Do the static airliners at KJAC every leave, such as Air Force 2 does? I realize they are static and not AI. I have UT2 so I know that their planes are flying into KJAC on a regular basis. I have the ORBX ai traffic and I believe I read to disable the airport's ai traffic or you will have too many planes moving. Has that been the experience of users?

G'day Kenthom,

The only static aircraft that "leaves" KJAC is the C-32 (Air Force Two) - this aircraft is only present at the airport on weekends. All others stay at the airport permanently, though these can be switched off according to type (airliners, bizjets, GA etc) in the Jackson Hole control panel. Just be aware though, that disabling these models won't free up said parking spots for AI aircraft - our APX file for KJAC is coded to cater for having all staticflow models enabled. Whilst I don't use any payware AI traffic programs myself (for NA I use a combination of ORBX's freeware NA traffic and WOAI), I wouldn't suspect you should have too many issues with the airliner parking as long as your traffic program follows relatively realistic real-world schedules.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived