screwed up transfer from ssd to hard drive

Venturi

Hi

I ran out of room on my fsx ssd so thought I would create a junction point to drive D (3tb)

I followed this tutorial after I pasted ORBX to the new drive D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Option B - download this program (http://sourceforge.n...ojects/console/) and unzip it and put the contents into the FSX directory by way of copy and paste using windows explorer then run it from the FSX directory by double-clicking it using windows explorer

(it is the same as the Command window but no need to navigate manually using dos commands)

Then to make a link in your FSX folder type this:

(in either console window or command window while in the FSX directory)

mklink /J "ORBX" "E:\ORBX"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That worked okay and the junction to D was created but now I cant open FTX central

I switched it all back to my fsx ssd but cant open FTX central there either,

"Im getting unhandled exception error"

Now I cant use ORBX at all :mellow:

I have still got all the data in the orbx folder , I just need to activate it back on the ssd I moved it from. I have FTX central locked in default so cant get to my ORBX scenery. Hopefully some one will come along with some advice :-)

Thanks KImo appreciate your effort however I cant take that step until I remedy the problem I have now.

I simply moved the folder back to where it was in FSX and that should be it, all I did was just back it up to a hardrive. But I altered the command line and that may have caused some issues, dont know ...but cant open FTX central to test it. I may have o re install it all but that may not work either because its all their right now ....hmmmmmm

well that was a very messy problem now solved. I just re downloaded a region and let it build a new ORBX folder which also reset FTX central

I then dumped the whole orbx folder over the top of it and back to normal again

Think I will ORBX in Fsx now ..:-)

Archived