Installation Screen Disappers

TomG

Hi,I have Pacific Northwest installed and it looks beautiful on my 27" screen (although framerates drop drastically with stuttering around Seattle. ) However, I had some problems during installation and I just want to make sure the installation is OK. After the DVD is inserted, the small installation screen opens in front of a mountainous picture. The installation starts, then the small screen disappears. After several minutes with only the mountain scene showing, I click on the border of the scene and the installation screen appears for a split second then goes away again. At first I thought the installation aborted itself, and I closed the picture screen to find the installation screen behind the mountain scene. After several tries to beat it from disappearing I finally click the NEXT button and it finishes the installation and goes to the FTX Central screen. I just want to make sure all is well before installing Northern Rockies. Thanks, Tom (PC Aviator - #85488) P.S. Any ideas on when we might see some Eastern US regions?? Keep up the great work!

Hi Tom,

from your description it sounds like your installation was complete; otherwise FTXCentral wouldn't have come up at all, as that's the last step.

As a tip: if you have a full-screen installer or other application and want to switch to another application you can do so via Alt-Tab.

Cheers, Holger

Archived