Error message when installing NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific NW

bushplane

When I go to FTX Central, highlight North America, click Apply I get the following error message. Could not find path C\Program Files9X86) Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Sim X\Backup\Default.xml. As a result the scenery will not install. Windows 8 is my OS. I have Microsoft. Net Framework 4.5. Any help would be appreciated. Chris Lewis.

Hi Chris,

the listing of default.xml indicates that either you don't have a copy of that default file in your {FSX}\Autogen folder or our \ORBX\Scripts\Backup folder is missing. In most cases it's the latter and installing the latest Orbx Libraries, available at https://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs , will fix the issue.

Cheers, Holger

When I fly out of KPDX the grass at the sides of the runways are all sunken in and all the buildings around Portland are flat and 2 dimensional (flat). I am brand new to orbx pnw, so any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Hi Grant,

Your issue should have it's own thread so we could find it better but as a fellow Washingtonian I'll see if I can help. 1) Try recycling FTX Central to Default and back again to North America. 2) look for any KPDX scenery other than ours that may be interfering (we have an elevation change that could be masked by another KPDX or close by scenery). I'm not sure what you mean by buildings flat? no autogen? out to how far, all the way to downtown Portland?

Cheers, Neil

Archived