Cardiff Airport sold

domfliss

Very interesting, to attract passengers back there needs to be an improvement on access to the airport, on previous changes to ownership there has always been talk of a rail link this has never materialized, hopefully something will be done now

I really can't believe that Cardiff Airport does not attract more passengers, after all, it is Wales "Premier" Airport and Wales has so much to offer tourists, and I say that based on my having lived in Wales for a year.

As for the CEO of Bristol Airport (an English Airport) well, that doesn't really come as surprise to me, especially as he made a note of saying that Bristol has never had concern about other airports in the vicinity so long as it is a "level playing field." It would be interesting to hear his interpretation/definition of "level playing field". Personally, all he is concerned about is the potential of loosing revenue if Cardiff picks up, and little more. Becomes a point of be competitive or suffer the consequences I guess.

Anyway, trying to keep politics out of this, I hope that the Welsh Government does what ever is necessary to get Cardiff Airport back on track and attracting passengers back to it, no matter what it takes, and that remains when ever it is sold back to private enterprise.

Cheers

Tony

Archived