Localizer not aligned with runway at PAJN

pipeorgan

Hello,

You are quite right. Due to the precipitous terrain around Auke Bay, the best they could do was to make an LDA, which by definition, is offset from the runway centerline. There is also a very unique set of lead-in lights which is noted on the Instrument Approach plate and well represented by Orbx's scenery. 8)

Hi John,

Brian's answer is correct; see http://www.airnav.com/airport/PAJN for current real-world approach and departure information including PDF charts at the bottom of the page.

Note that AI aircraft to PAJN on ILS flightplans also follow the curved approach though some of them better than others; how well they hit the runway centerline seems to depend on initial approach vector and AI flight model.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Brian for the clarification, I must do some researchn on LDAs. Yes just love those landing lights:-)

Thanks also Holger, I should have checked the arrival/departure details myself but it was late and I was so focused on the amazing airport and surrounding detail; I just worked from FSCommander and Plan G data. I would like to add that the landscape of SAK is quite breathtaking and seems at times as if its quite real, its quite something and I hope many people are able to experience it.

Must also turn up the AI and see how they do:-)

Archived