Installation of FTX Pacific Fjords

Charles Scott

Customer #216771 Ref code: 93197

I recently purchased FTXPF DVD and have not been able to install it on either of my 2 computers- one has Windows Vista and the other has Windows 7. When I install the DVD, I can open it and see 6 files. When I click on "set-up", it appears to be installing but never does. Please advise.

Thanks, Charles

It takes a LONG time to install from the disk. All it is doing is unwrapping the installation files off of disk. Since it is a dvd drive, and the installation is over 4 gigs worth, it will take about 30 minutes or so to install straight from the dvd. I should know, I have the same dvd.

Hi Charles,

if direct installation from DVD does indeed stall then you can try copying all files into a temporary folder on your desktop and then run the .exe from there. Note, however, that it can also be your virus scanner software that slowly digs its way through the large .exe file and thus may have appeared to stall the process. Thus, temporarily deactivating your virus scanner may help too.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the info,

It does take some time to install from my DVD. I have installed FTX Pacific Fjords on both of my computers but now have issues with FTX Central on each one. I would like to take them one at a time, since it's possible if I can find a fix for one, it may fix the other. Let's start with my computer that uses Windows Vista Home Premium. My FSX indicates that the ORBX scenery has been installed, but I do not see it when I run FSX. I have also installed "ORBXLIBS" as a possible remedy but still do not see my scenery when running FSX. When I check North America and click "Apply", I get "North America was applied but with errors". Then after clicking "OK", I see "Apply Region Files Error Report" which shows a list of "FSX File does not exist............".

Thanks, Charles

Archived