SAK Juneau missing autogen and extra objects.

ramonb

I was looking at a picture posted by Wolter in another thread and realized my Juneau looks different

My scenery shows way more buildings and a clump of parked aircraft; on the other hand I am missing the big building and the water tower next to it on the left side of his pic. Also in Wolters pic the parked planes seem aligned, etc.

Link to Wolters post and picture

Posted Image

I already tried this:

- Reenable <-> disable UTX Alaska using the compatibility batch file.

- Confirmed that PAJN is in fact disabled in the UTX Alaska control panel.

- Manually deleted My Traffic 2013 PAJN airport bgl file.

- Reinstalled SAK (as Admin, no AV, etc)

- Disabled all other add on scenery UTX Alaska, Tongass Fjords and My Traffic 2013

- Have not reinstalled ORBX libs as the ones in the support page are older than the ones supplied with SAK.

Could this be related to the terrain.dll CTD I reported earlier today?

Please disregard, my mistake.

Hello Ramon,

comparing yours and Wolters screenshot clearly shows to me that all objects on the airpron are exactly the same: buildings, cars, and aircraft (except for the FedEx AI in yours). The only difference is in the autogen buildings and water tower beyond the airport boundary.

Is your autogen slider at maximum? Also, are you perhaps using a TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL cap in the Terrain section of your fsx.cfg?

Cheers, Holger

Sorry Holger

My autogen is not capped at the moment, using a clean fsx.cfg as I'm trying to figure out the terrain.dll CDT I reported earlier.

Yes, my autogen was not at max.

It was my mistake.

Please delete thread.

Hello Ramon,

comparing yours and Wolters screenshot clearly shows to me that all objects on the airpron are exactly the same: buildings, cars, and aircraft (except for the FedEx AI in yours). The only difference is in the autogen buildings and water tower beyond the airport boundary.

Is your autogen slider at maximum? Also, are you perhaps using a TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL cap in the Terrain section of your fsx.cfg?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I KNOW I'll be buying SAK very soon and I was just checking out how things were going with the new release when I came across this thread. Months ago, I found the article/post, (probably a post), that spoke about adding a line or two regarding the Autogen number of Buildings and Trees per section of scenery. Well I did make those changes and it helped with some particularly demanding add-on scenery I was trying to deal with, (it wasn't any of the Orbx/FTX add-on scenery).

So now I see that a change like that may have some impact on the scenery from add-ons, is that right?

If so, I didn't know that and I think that it may explain a few things that I had chalked up to just a faulty recollection. If reducing the Building/Tree Autogen impacts more than the default fsx scenery, then it's beginning to make sense and I'm not getting hit with periodical Alzheimer’s disease! LOL

Thanks Rich

Archived