Cannot Install

AOA001

I made the mistake of trying to install SAK while my regions were still activated. After subsequently trying to install again, after having run some windows updates (especially repairing .net 4) there is still no solution.

Here are the symptoms:

• The installer unwraps.
  • I'm no longer required to enter my details for activation (done that initially)
  • The actual installer just speeds through in a split second (like the files were already there?)
  • Completes as if normal.
I checked to see if there were any files I could delete and simply start over again, but I don't see anything in either FSX/ORBX or in the World/Scenery location for SAK region.

I'm stuck, and could really use some help.

Thanks a million!

Hi, thanks for that,

If you have previously installed, you will not need to enter your order number into the FSS wrapper again

I'm wondering if the installer is finding your FSX install correctly, have you moved the location of your FSX folder at all?, as you should see 4 'SAK' tagged folders in FSX/ORBX/FTX_NA

I haven't moved my install. It's not in the default location. Rather, it's in C:/FSX but it seems to read it fine during the install process.

Those folders are not there. I see zero data for the install. It's like the install things it installs stuff but doesn't actually spit anything out.

Thanks for the continued assistance.

Can you give me a link to that? 'support page' seems quite vague with all the different support pages around here.

Thanks! (I'll be looking in the meantime)

Disregard, I found it. Now trying this out...

Most odd indeed,

Just confirm, you have downloaded SAK, unzipped into a folder (or at least the same location), you should then have two files, and you are running the installer file by right-clicking the .exe and selecting the option 'run as an admin' ?

Also try searching your PC for 'SAK' just in case the installer could not find the correct location the first time (based off your registry) and dumped the whole lot into another location (I have seen before this once or twice)

Nonetheless we'll keep assisting you until we get this resolved

Cheers

Tim

I did all of the above.

I have 3 files: Instructions, exe, and Im guessing one of the other data files.

Doing a search on the computer for the SAK files didn't work. Ive tried that.

Roger that,

How about free HD space on both the drive your OS is on, and the drive your FSX is on? (if its on a different drive that is)

SAK is a 3.3GB installer so will require at least 10GB free space to unwrap/install, once installed it takes up 5.56GB

I have about 10.5 GB of free space on the harddrive. Tried this as well. I learned that my byte count was off, which means something may be amis in the file itself. Re-downloading now, and will report back.

I was having the same problem on the install as AOA001. I read on another post where someone had said to remove the install files from your drive and burn onto a dvd. That worked perfectly and my install for SAK worked as well as all of my other Orbx add-ons. Just an FYI that I have my FSX on a separate SSD drive and was down to around 10.5 GB as well but this method worked and I am a happy camper flying and enjoying the awesome SAK scenery.

Archived