Expert advice on (2) FSX folders

napier

For ease I refer to folders (A) & (B)

I have two MSX folders within computers Program Files, a sole folder marked Microsoft Flight Simulator X .

(A) folder when mouse right click (properties) show:

Type: File Folder

Size: 14.9GB (16,089,544,571 bytes)

Size on disk: 15.1GB (16,240,594,944 bytes)

Contains: 76,979 files, 1,882 folders

Created: 16 April 2008, 3:48:16pm

Attributes: Read only, (highlighted in a blue box)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the same Program Files folder there is another folder called Microsoft Games and within this folder there are several games/chess folders along with folder also marked Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

(B) folder when mouse right click (properties) show:

Type: File Folder

Size: 47.2GB (50,777,432,885 bytes)

Size on disk: 47.5GB (51,021,225,984 bytes)

Contains: 121,007 files, 4,158 folders

Created: 5 May 2008, 4:54:18pm

Attributes: Read only, (highlighted in a blue box)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the computers Control Panel - (Program & Features) show MS Sim X Acceleration installed on 15/05/2008 with 1.47GB

The (B)folder has ORBX, PMDG. Cpt Sim folders whilst the (A) folder has none of these

In the past I have used the repair option on the Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Deluxe Edition) and Microsoft Simulator X (Acceleration) DVD disks.

Are the (A & B) folders duplicates ??? and would it be safe to delete the smaller (A) folder???

Thanks in advance to the expert team ::)

I took the plunge and deleted folder (A), and am happy to report there has been no adverse affect on FSX, which appears to be running a bit smoother and sharper. All ORBX, other payware aircraft, nav data etc have not been affected by this, just gained more HD space ::)

Archived