Wanaka - Airport elevation is off (seems to conflict with Godzone)

tripecac

For some reason my Wanaka runway and buildings are on plateaus. I think this might be a conflict with Godzone scenery.

Last year, the Wanaka runway elevated a few meters over the ground. There were no plateaus; it was like a magic carpet. The solution was to enable Godzone (RealNZ Wanaka) but turn off aerial images.

However, I think the recent NZSI patch (#2) might have confused things again.

If I turn on RealNZ Wanaka, the runway elevates, with the fence far below, somehow visible through the runway. It's distracting and pretty awful.

If I turn off RealNZ Wanaka, the runway is on a plateau, but at least the fence at least is on the ground.

Any idea how to flatten the terrain at the Wanaka airport?

Hi, I already have the Southern Lakes 1.1 patch (installed last year). Do I need to re-install it now that I have the new NZSI patch (#2) installed?

Something strange just happened.

While trying to fix a Milford Sound issue, I changed FTX Central from Oceania to Default and then back to Oceania. That fixed my Milford Sound issue. When I then re-enabled the Godzone RealNZ Wanaka scenery, the plateau effect was gone!

Or maybe I should clarify: the entire Wanaka airport area now seems on a 2-meter plateau. If I am taking off the to the north, the edge of the plateau is to my right (the East). On the left, the area between the runway and the buildings is now perfectly flat, which is great!

So, it appears that the Oceania-to-Default-to-Oceania trick fixed Wanaka as well. Very strange!

I installed the Southern Lakes 1.1 patch again just to be safe. It didn't have any effect, which I guess is good; it means it didn't break anything.

So I *think* Wanaka is behaving well now, although I haven't had time to explore the area thoroughly.

Was there another patch after the 1.1 patch?

Archived