Felts: No Runway, Taxi Textures at night

Pilot37

Brilliant, thanks very much.

A couple of things to look at to start off with:

1. Are you running FSX in DX10 preview mode by any chance? If so, the ground polys for KSFF are not compatible (during night-time, at least) with FSX DX10 unfortunately - if you'd like to know a little more in-depth info I posted a little while back here.

2. If you are not running in DX10 mode, could you post a screenshot of the runway issues, this will help for us to pinpoint the problem.

Cheers,

Jarrad

I always run DX10 for much much better frame rates. All my other Orbx stuff works on DX10. I haven't any "bugs" on DX10...even taxiways don't flicker. I have Darrington, Cushman, Orcas, the freeware airports, all of North America and Australia plus a few Aussie airports and this is my first problem on DX10 (that I have spotted).

Real shame this, I could fly just daytime but tend to fly dawn and dusk because that's when FSX looks at it's best.

I will be moire careful before my next purchase!

G'day there,

Unfortunately this is a known issue - to be fair DX10 was only ever offered in "preview" mode, and as such is a buggy and incomplete piece of coding to work with (from a developer's point of view). It's funny, as my KJAC ground poly (which uses exactly the same bgl coding) doesn't seem to have any problems whatsoever - there really is an element of luck to it. I understand if you prefer to use DX10 for performance preferences (as I know some other users to do); unfortunately though this is definitely a limitation of the FSX engine that I can't offer a solution to, sorry.

Cheers,

Jarrad

• 7 months later...

Archived