Flight Plan interpretation

chumley

This flightplan was flown by JQ83 from Darwin to Bali earlier in the week.

I understand most of it but the bits highlighted in red are a mystery.

DCT DN M766 IDOTO M077F360 M766 SATNA N0452F360 M766 BLI

Anyone provide an interpretation?

This is the ICAO format to represent a speed and/or altitude change enroute. It is included in the filed route when it differs from the filed speed and/or altitude.

M means Mach number (% of the speed of sound). It must be expressed using 3 digits after the M.

N means Knots. It must represent the True Airspeed (TAS) in knots, using 4 digits after the N.

F means Flight Level, expressed using 3 digits (F360 means 36,000 ft with altimeter settings 29.92).

After IDOTO, the flight is planning a speed of Mach 0.77 (M077) and Flight Level 360 (F360)

After SATNA, the flight is planning a speed of 452 TAS (N0452) remaining at Flight Level 360 (F360)

Regards,

Normand.

Here's the flight plan using Routefinder: Posted Image Frank

Thanks Frank looked at that but got the plan from a real flight from earlier in the week on Flight Aware.

I did not later than M766 appears to end at IDOTO and doesn't make a reappearance on Bali approach charts.

Think I'll stick to Routefinder in future.

Andy

This is the ICAO format to represent a speed and/or altitude change enroute. It is included in the filed route when it differs from the filed speed and/or altitude.

M means Mach number (% of the speed of sound). It must be expressed using 3 digits after the M.

N means Knots. It must represent the True Airspeed (TAS) in knots, using 4 digits after the N.

F means Flight Level, expressed using 3 digits (F360 means 36,000 ft with altimeter settings 29.92).

After IDOTO, the flight is planning a speed of Mach 0.77 (M077) and Flight Level 360 (F360)

After SATNA, the flight is planning a speed of 452 TAS (N0452) remaining at Flight Level 360 (F360)

Regards,

Normand.

Thank you - much appreciated.

Archived