Problem with FTX Central not changing from default

rpowers46

My FTX Central does not change from default to NA in the control panel.Hour glass stays running and when I go to taskmanager it says program not responding.However,it does switch in FSX.Library shows it activated and when I switch back to default in FTX Central the scenery is not listed in the library.The scenery shows in FS.So the only problem is it does not show the switch in FTX Central.Thanks for any help and/or solutions.Ron

That did not help.It still switches the scenery but does not mone the arrow and the only way to exit FTX Central is ending the task in taskmanager.Taskmanager shows it running till I click on end program.Then it says it is not responding and closes it..Thanks,Ron

Still working on this.I switched back to default and same thing,I had to end task in Taskmanager.Then I went to processes in TM and see FTX Configurator is running and CPU usage is 25%.I end FTX Cfg task and cpu drops to 2%.Does this info help in trying to solve problem?Thanks,Ron

Hi Ron,

It seems to be an odd issue and I'm not quite sure of the solution or cause, but first to rule something out:

Try right-clicking on the FTXcentral Icon, select 'Properties' then select the 'Compatibility' tab and make sure the box marked 'Run this program as an administrator' is ticked

And just to check you are not running FSX with the FTXcentral window still open?

Cheers

Tim

Tim,Thanks for the response.There is no tab for run as admin,just earlier Windows versions.I am running XP Pro.I am not running FSX at the same time.I posted again about problems with FTX Configurator."I posted about this problem a week ago and now I have further information.When switching from default to NA or back the green arrow does not move to scenery being switched to,but the scenery does change in the library.I cannot close FTX Central except by ending the program in taskmanager.Now I notice in the taskmanager under processes if I end the FTX Configureator process the arrow changes and I can click out of FTX Central.I reinsatlled the latest library as suggested but that did not help.Any thoughts?"Does this shed any light on the problem?Thanks,Ron

Archived