FTX Wales floating houses in Aberporth.

Daddy Bear

Last reload. FSx reloaded, EU in FTX central reloaded. Still no joy. Not resolved, getting bored now.

Posted Image

Hi,

can i get the co-ordinates so i can check this end.

Paul

Yep please wait one moment. Co-ordinates coming up.

Co-ordinates are Lat: N52 deg, 7.78'. Lon: W4 deg, 32.71', Alt 170ft MSL.

Please not that I have notices this in other places along the Welsh coast, not just Aberporth. I saw it over Swansea as well.

Cheers

Phil F

Hi,

I have checked my end and all is fine

post-17521-0-20429200-1363695819_thumb.j

post-17521-0-94679200-1363695828_thumb.j

Doing a simple google search actually gave me a better explanation

This has to do with FSX and how it handles memory. Although not having enough memory can invoke it, the issue is more on the lines of approaching the 4GB limit a 32bit applications has in a 64bit OS. Having 8gigs+ of memory does squat for FSX even in a 64bit OS. 32bit programs can only have 4

Its something that has been noted and seen for years with this software.

Paul

I don't doubt all is fine with yours but you can see that all is not fine with mine.

I don't know how much use this will be but my PC is:

Dell XPS L702X 17.5

Intel Core I7 CPU

nVidia GT555M GPU with 3Gb RAM

8Gb RAM on the main board

Does that quote suggest that I need more RAM? I was of the impression that I don't need more than 4Gb for FSX and 8GB is more than enough for the system as a whole.

Where do I go from here?

Cheers

Phil F

Hmm. I have disabled all other addon scenery for the UK in FSX scenery library. I have been putting off uninstalling it completely maybe that would be the way to go. When I get a chance I will give it a go, I don't have any time left today. Can you put the thread back to active please then if anybody else gets any ideas maybe they can post them up for me to try.

Cheers

Phil F

Have you tried using lower autogen settings to free up resources?

Disabling processes, optimising your hard-drive (if it is mechanical) to speed mesh loading may help. In my experience, even Laptops with moderate specs seem to struggle with FSX and high-detail scenery.

Antivirus scanning your fsx files as they load / running in background?

Mesh complexity settings? Mesh resolution settings? Are you using a Texture Max Load or any other fsx.cfg tweaks which might consume more resources?

Uninstalling and reinstalling the scenery is unlikely to help in any way.

This may well have to do with lag within FSX .. loading coarse mesh and rendering autogen before time (hence evident on sloping / high gradient coastlines). I doubt this can be fixed within the scenery (short of removing the houses altogether).

It usually occurs in a temporary situation (solved by a reload) .. but here the problem seems more chronic, most likely due to a resource problem

Thanks for the input everybody.

I see what you are saying Ian but that would not explain why I haven't yet noticed the problem anywhere in the England scenery, or the Australia or the NZ or indeed the NA scenery.

I will keep testing but I think I am headed for a scenery re-install eventually. It's not exactly something that I can't live with for a while but I do eventually want to get it fixed.

Cheers

Phil F

Hiya Paul. I think that you can set this one to solved now. I can't tell you how I sorted it because I still don't know but I can tell you that I have made 3 or 4 flight now and the problem seems to have just, well, gone away. Of course there is nothing to say that the next time I fly over this are the problem won't be back again.

Cheers.

Phil F

Archived