EGSG not installing correctly

Paul K

Bought the four England airports yesterday ( Order number FSS0205782 ) and I seem to have a problem with EGSG Stapleford.

a ) The download, unzipping and running the .exe as administrator all goes well, and at the end, I install Library 130301

b ) The scenery index rebuilds as expected when I start FSX, and EGSG appears in the scenery library as normal.

Here's what default FTX England's EGSG looks like

Posted Image

But this is after the installation of the specific EGSG add-on airport

Posted Image

Aircraft and cars are present, but no 3D buildings at all.

I have deleted EGSG, downloaded a fresh copy from FSS, installed it, but no luck - the result is the same. The library is the latest ( 130301 ), and the region is set to EU.

Any clues as to where I might have gone wrong, please ?

Thanks Peter, but both service packs for England are already installed. That was done prior to installing EGSG, ( and EGHR Goodwood, which seems to also have installation problems - there's a great big trench running through it )

Further clues - I have no People flow or long grasses at Old Warden - all this could be related.

Your ObjectFlow.dll has not registered correctly for EGSG. If you go to the airport folder run an app there called moduleinstaller.exe as Administrator. That should do the trick.

Thanks John; Ive tried that but no luck. No Flow of any kind at Old Warden, and as you can see in this picture, the signal square by the tower at Old Warden is empty of anything, unlike the screenshots of the same area on the product page.

Posted Image

So...I have no buildings at Stapleford, no people flow at Old Warden ( and I suspect that problem is common to the other airfields I've bought ) and a massive trench running through Goodwood, as seen below;-

Posted Image

Query...when you install an airport add-on initially, do you have to have that airport's region as the active one in FTX Central ? Or doesn't it matter ?

Hi,

From the picture its clear that your install's haven't worked and the objectflow dll has not registered correctly.

when you first launched fsx after installing the airports did you get 2 popup per airport?

I have seen reports of it not working correctly if you don't have FSUIPC installed correctly http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

if that doesn't fix it can you please post the content of your "dll.xml" (open with notepad) its found here "C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\"

Paul

Hi,

From the picture its clear that your install's haven't worked and the objectflow dll has not registered correctly.

when you first launched fsx after installing the airports did you get 2 popup per airport?

I have seen reports of it not working correctly if you don't have FSUIPC installed correctly http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

if that doesn't fix it can you please post the content of your "dll.xml" (open with notepad) its found here "C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\"

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response. At the moment, I don't have FSUIPC installed and the fsx modules folder is empty, so thats that eliminated. Here is dll.xml as requested;-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow_EGTH.dll</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGTH\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGTH.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow_EGSG.dll</Name>

<Path>D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGSG\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGSG.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow_EGKA.dll</Name>

<Path>D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGKA\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGKA.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow_EGHR.dll</Name>

<Path>D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGHR\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGHR.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow_YBAS.dll</Name>

<Path>D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBAS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YBAS.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

OKay Paul, I'll do that and get back to you. I'm at the real

Hi,

I can see from your dll.xml that FSUIPC is listed as being installed so first thing i would do is re-install it to remove that error, also is that every line in your file as mine ends with </SimBase.Document>.

Paul

How odd ! I'll do as you suggest later today, Paul. I'm down at the real EGTH for most of the day. Thanks for your help so far.

Paul, you're a flippin' genius !

I ran the FSUIPC installer and everything is fixed. People flowing everywhere, the buildings at Stapleford have appeared, the trench at Goodwood is now the proper race track underpass, and the signal square at Old Warden is as it should be - by god, even the wooden fence I reversed my car into this afternoon is there !

Thanks very much indeed for you help in this matter. First class product support ! :)

Archived