One for the Kiwi's

Ryan Mason

This was a special request for John Giddens who use to fly in this bird many years ago (as you can see from the source pics) there is also a little room for a Kiwi paint for our freinds across the Tasman every now and then!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ahh YRED my favourite Heli testing area - thanks Mango!

Posted Image

How'd this get in here? random pic of my son in his Halloween outfit sorry couldn't help it, pretty fitting being my kid right? lol

Here's the download if your interested in it (its the helo not my kid - I cant find a zip drive for him yet!)

Posted Image

http://aussiex.org/ozxrepaints/texture.wanganuiaerowork.zip

Manufacturer : Default (Microsoft)

Model : Bell 206B III

Specs: Wanganui Aero Work LTD. (New Zealand)

Release Date: 4th November 2008

Painter: Aussiecop

Guest cirrusnature

Brilliant! Thanks. I'm actually only about a 40min drive away from Wanganui so this is a bit of a treat.  Oh yes, that roo costume is "AWESOME"  ;D

Another cracking paint mate and a very adorable son to boot! Wonder why is dressed as a roo?  ???

I've been meaning to ask you, what is the deal with those 'pads' you know the oversized trolleys for choppers, is the to make it easy to roll them into / out of hangars?

Cheers

Another cracking paint mate and a very adorable son to boot! Wonder why is dressed as a roo?  ???

I've been meaning to ask you, what is the deal with those 'pads' you know the oversized trolleys for choppers, is the to make it easy to roll them into / out of hangars?

Cheers

Butch, as Aussiecop said it's his son's halloween costume, pretty appropriate I think.  ;)

As for the "trolleys", yes exactly it makes them very easy to get in and out of hangars quickly, no need to put ground handling wheels on each skid and no need for three people (1 to raise each ground handling wheel and push and one balance/steer the beast by the tail boom "stinger").

thanks for all the nice comments guys, he is an absolute riot most of the time (but he's 2 so we all know he has his moments!) Butch the trolleys have been explained, but the funny thing is when you take off from one of these in RL the chopper shakes to all buggery until you get just enough power to lift most of the weight off the trolley.  The first time I took off from one of these my instructor about peed his pants laughing and I went to power down thinking something was drastically wrong with the Chopper, he said he does it to all his students for his own amusement!  They are a great training tool for you to get the "landing in tight spaces" down.

Archived