Recently I just installed the demo Bowerman scenery. The first computer I did it on it worked perfectly fine, it automatically installed FTX Central just fine. Nothing had to be done. Now I have every ORBX freeware scenery on there and it wroks fine. Now here comes the annyoing part, so I later went on to my other computer, and I installed the Bowerman demo. I ran FSX, no scenery there, so I went to look for the FTX Central to activate it, but this time, all I got was the Control panel and PDF for this airport, no FTX Aero or FTX Central, so I just downloaded the ORBX libraries, which gave me the missing items, so I tried to run FTX central and got this:

Unhandled exeption has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\ Regions'.

So, I tried dissabling UAC, running as Administrator, the Dot NET 4.0 patch, deleting all ORBX items and reinstalling them, completely redownloading them, restarting my computer, shutting all applications down then running it, and a few more thing, I have literally tried everything I could find. One more thing, the error say it can't find ...\FTXCentral\Regions, but the "Regions" folder does not exist withing FTXCentral.

I have been trying everything, help would be very much appreciated.

Best regards

-FlyingPie

Hi there,

FTX Central doesn't come with Bowerman but rather the PNW Demo. Do you have that installed as well?

Cheers, Holger

Yes, sorry, I meant the PNW demo, I have also tried multiple other freeware packages, no luck, I've seen this problem before, I heard it's a Windows 7 64 bit problem, tried the way that other people fixed it, no luck though. I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, if that helps...

Archived