Little confusion or mistake?

Tom C

Morning all, at least it is here in Ireland as I type this.

My usual morning FS routine is to read Air Daily X as soon as I've landed in work to get my fill update of what's happening in our virtual world.

Well this morning I see the news that another group has pulled all sales of their coverage for Germany citing issues beyond their control.

Specifically they, the shop and forums, say the issues are by the lead designer and their partners 29Palms.

The confusion for me is, isn't 29Palms included in some comments here re ORBX Wales by JV himself?

Yes indeed Sam, a top team effort from Sim720, Sascha (LimeSim), 29Palms and the Orbx crew. True multinational development at work! ;)

If 29Palms are in fact working for ORBX now, and have been also linked to this failed other product, does this mean their work for ORBX is in question now too?

If they are different groups, wouldn't it be everyone's interest getting the situation cleaned up on the various websites, forums and blogs so this doesn't detract from forthcoming product by the team here?

Here is the link to ADX's post on the subject http://airdailyx.blogspot.ie/2013/02/deutschland-x-aerosoft-pulls-plug.html?m=0

If I've overstepped boundaries here, I apologise, I'm simply quoting what's freely available out there this morning, here, ADX and AS forums and news pages.

According to the post in AS german forums: 29Palms was part of the development team concerning some landmarks and their texturing. The obvious problem of DEX is of much wider range (blurry textures, LC probs, missing structures, overly on runways etc). Thus I don´t belive you are to worry :-)

Willy

29Palms are an independent Germany based developer who have previously created their own well-received addons like Mykonos etc.

They are contracting to Orbx for various modelling and scenery projects including the Wales and Scotland POIs, contributing to EGFF models and we're also in discussion about them developing mid-sized airports for Orbx in EU.

Their work on ADX is completely independent and unconnected to their Orbx contracting work. We look forward to a strong and robust working relationship with 29Palms whose modelling and texturing work is exemplary.

29Palms are an independent Germany based developer who have previously created their own well-received addons like Mykonos etc.

They are contracting to Orbx for various modelling and scenery projects including the Wales and Scotland POIs, contributing to EGFF models and we're also in discussion about them developing mid-sized airports for Orbx in EU.

Their work on ADX is completely independent and unconnected to their Orbx contracting work. We look forward to a strong and robust working relationship with 29Palms whose modelling and texturing work is exemplary.

Great info John! Thanks for this, I was on edge for a moment reading the ADX Topic.

Cheers,

Matt.

Archived