YMMB (Moorabbin) Installation Problem

Geoff Millar

Hello

Have just taken delivery and tried to install, however, the 'autorun' doesn't work. I've also tried to install by opening the disc, and running from the setup icon, which freezes my PC.

I then tried to copy the file from the disc to a temporary folder, but am unable to copy the files.

Do you have any suggestions for what I can do- are there any other ways to install the product, please?

PC has 4GB RAM, 1G ATI video card, runs Windows 7 Pro, Inteli7 processor.

Thank you

Geoff

PCAviator.com.au Order Number 13338

Hi Geoff,

Do you have access to a second PC and a memory stick? If so, try putting the disk in the other PC, attaching your USB memory stick, and copying the disk contents to the stick. If that works, take your memory stick to your flight sim PC and try installing it from that.

If that works, you might have the problem whereby some DVD drives seem a little sensitive to some Orbx discs (it happens now and then).

If it doesnt work on the second PC either, or you have no access to any other PCs, let me know and I will send you down a copy on our backup disk system which usually works without problems (different disk media brand etc).

Hi Dean

Your suggestion worked, thank you- I managed to copy the contents from the portable drive to the netbook, then to a USB stick and then to my PC. It installed OK and I got the 'successfully installed' message.

On starting FSX after installation, I got the 'updating databases'/building databases' messages, which means that YMMB has indeed installed.

That was the good bit, however, when FSX tries to load the new Moorabbin, it gets to 36% and just stops, with no error message - perhaps the problem is the abovementioned file?

Thanks

Geoff

Archived