Birds and 'Roos

John York

Probably like in RL when you find a lovely cuddly 6ft kangaroo in your lap after coming through the windscreen - city folk can never work out why we have those great ugly steel bars across the front of our vehicles

Approach Canungra YCGA from the South (heading N).

Check beside the runway at Millmerran Farm (emus)

Mt Beauty YMBT has geese swimming in the lakes (require UKVFR)

One of the YAUL Aratula runways has cows (require UKVFR)!

Barwon Heads YBRS has horses if you've installed UKVFR Scenery -ask for directions over at OZx

and so on!

Glad to report I finally saw some birds en route to Gladstone.  here's the proof;

Ahah! - finally! - I sure am glad that I am not actually dreaming - I have lost count of the number of times that I have tried to capture that group in a screenie - they are also hanging around down my way along the SW coastal strip but I have never quite managed to catch them as a closeup, they seem to just "vanish" if I attempt to zoom on them and they are quite unpredictable

Thank you for that

Thanks for that information Mark.  I was looking for them off Fraser Island all the way up to Bundaberg where it say's in my atlas 'whale watching'.  Then, as I was turning inland for Gladstone I came across the birds.

Funny thing about life.  How often is it you're looking for one thing and find something else just as interesting instead?  It happens quite often in my toolshed! ::);D

John

Archived