NEW COMPUTOR

craig

LEFT OUT OPTION 3

$1800

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 (775).

Team XtreemDark 2GB (2x1GB) PC8500 DDR2 Dual Channel Memory.

Asus P5Q-Pro P45 Motherboard (Intel).

Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX 512Mb DDR3 DirectX 10 Ready PCI-Express Graphic Card.

750G 32M SATA II Hard drive.

20X Super-Multi Dual Layer Lightscribe DVD Burner.

Integrated Network, multi channels High Definition AUDIO.

8+ USB 2.0 Ports.

Antec Nine HUNDRED Gaming Case.

Quality 850W Gaming Power Supply with 14cm.

Vista-compatible Anti-Virus Software (12 month subscription).

Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard.

Logitech G9 Gaming Mouse (3200dpi)

Logitech 5.1 Speakers set.

MS Windows XP Home Edition OR Vista Home Basic 32bit.

m8 The brutal truth is the best top of the range computers today struggle to run FSX on full settings. Thats not to say that a lesser system won't run the sim just fine but a lesser systems owner must also have lesser expectations of his FSX experience. Your options are simple. Go with what you can afford. ;) This last sytem for $1800 looks to be the pick for my mind. There are heaps of threds on this site about hardware, check them out.

Cheers.

Buggerup.

LEFT OUT OPTION 3

Vista-compatible Anti-Virus Software (12 month subscription).

Don't need a subscription waste of money and most paid programs bog your system down just get AVG the free edition then come back and ask for the tweaks to make it rock and roll for performance

http://free.avg.com/

Logitech G9 Gaming Mouse (3200dpi)

This craps all over that mouse in my opinion but that is your choice to make and research I'm just supplying the link

http://www.roccat.org/Products/?PHPSESSID=d2a199bf919e2c9ee94a97e64be358b7

Logitech 5.1 Speakers set.

Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speaker System highly recommend it has awesome sound/features along with power output plus great price for bang for buck.

MS Windows XP Home Edition OR Vista Home Basic 32bit.

If your going XP get XP Pro not the home edition it's limited in tweaking plus a few extra features that a gamer needs.

I agree with all the above recommendations.  Also - it looks like this system is a quote from a manufacturer, so I'd get them to specify exactly what power supply they're giving you.  It is an easy thing to cover up cheap ones if you don't open the case, and the last thing you want is avoidable noise and having to second-guess with surges.  I recently built a system for a mate with similar specs (a 4870 instead though) and used a Corsair HX-620, a highly recommended PSU in all areas.  Its modular cabling is great in lowering clutter, and the warranty is very good.

Archived