Scenery Coming Through Runways [Non Orbx issue]

JamesIceland

Hi there,

I have noticed a couple of issues following installation of the Orbx add-on's in Prepar3d (and I noticed them previously in FSX) which I cannot find a fix for.

Firstly when flying to New Chitose Airport the scenery appears to have risen through the tarmac (see pics attached). This is an airport I fly regularly to.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I noticed this glitch before doing a recent unrelated clean re-install of Prepar3d and addons. Therefore when installing my add-ons during the re-install I made sure to restart each time and I actually checked New Chitose out with each add-on. After installing Orbx scenery (didn't matter which one first) the runway glitch appeared at New Chitose. Prior to the re-install I noticed the same happened at Mauritius International Airport but this doesn't seem to be an issue now.

In FTX Central when not flying in one of the Orbx Add On areas I turn things to default FSX scenery but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Does anyone know how to fix this glitch for this airport (and potentially others if I notice it)? I haven't flown to lots of other airports yet as just getting things set up so cannot tell for sure if it is an isolated incident. Will installing GEX Asia fix this do you think?

Any help appreciated.

James

Looks to me that you have an elevation adjustment issue,

did you try and cycle FTX Central to default and then back to NA don't forget to hit the "Apply" button on both counts

Also make sure you have all latest updates and patches for your installed sceneries available here => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Thanks for the quick reply. I have cycled to default and back again a few times on FTX Central but it didn't make any difference.

I will go through and make sure I have all the patches installed. Just a quick question on that - it was relatively recently that I purchased the scenery from FTX so I just want to check whether they will be the latest versions with the patches included or whether I will need to download the patches anyway.

Many thanks

Right, I have installed all the latest patches for my products. Patches for NA PNW, AUSP4 and YBCS Airport I haven't installed as they are attempting to install in a non Prepar3d folder. I will revisit these later.

Loaded up the same airport New Chitose and the elevation issue remains, exactly the same. Cycling between default and selected scenery does not change anything.

Any other ideas? Is there a way I can adjust this airport elevation? It's sods law that this is one of my favourite destinations to fly to!

Thanks

Yes that is correct - there is only one in Japan - the trouble is I have seen this happen at Mauritius too prior to my latest reinstall although this time around the problem hasn't cropped up there.

Without checking many different airfields it's going to be tricky to know if it is an isolated incident but I can say for certain that the problem came only after I installed FTX Scenery - on the first install I installed New Zealand first and had the issue. This time I tried England. Same thing, even just selecting default scenery.

Perhaps there is some way for me to adjust this airport only with an editor? Happy to try that if you have any suggestions

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

I have fixed this issue after all this time! I was forced to do another reinstall and this time kept New Chitose as my default airport flight to check each add on I put on. I went very carefully and changed the order of my add on installation. By total fluke my second add on was MyTraffic 2013 and this was the culprit NOT Orbx - it changed the scenery files so I turned the .bgl files it installed to .off and all is well again! Hurrah!

It is not related to Orbx therefore so apologies - please mark this topic as solved/closed etc.

Thanks

Archived