Removing airports/airfields no longer operational or present on the ground.

rlkjmt73

Hi everyone.....First of all I'd like to thank everyone on the ORBX team for the fine work you do. To me, ORBX scenery is definitely the best.

Not sure if this post is approriate in this forum.

During a flight from KCOE to KSFF, I noticed an airfield ID09 in the scenery. Well, since I live approximately 3 miles from that airfield, I decided to investigate, and found out it's a private airfield not being used or maintained (It's now a farm field with overgrown grass). So, I decided I wanted to get rid of it from the scenery. I thought it was from the FSX default scenery, so, using Airport Design Editor, I called up the stock airport, deleted the runway, saved it, and then flew over it. It was still there.....after spending two or more hours trying to figure out how to delete it, I said to myself...."Self, maybe it's part of the ORBX scenery". So, I looked in the ORBX Scenery directory and sure enough there it was. I didn't delete the two BGLs (ADE_FTX NRM_ID09_Otterson Ranch along with the CVX bgl), I just moved them out of the Scenery directory and to another created folder, for safe keeping. It worked!!!!

Bottom line....I guess I'm letting everyone know how some of those old airfields (that are no longer there in real life) can be removed from your FSX, and, that I just figured it out.

Apologize if this topic was discussed before or irrelevant.

Happy Flying

Rod

Archived