CTD near CYVR

The Merowinger

hello,

I tried several times to land in CYVR, yes, the new one from FSDT. Here I have a CTD everytime at the same place. It is the Fix NOXOB if I try to land at the 26L; some miles away from the port. The airport itself has fantastic frames and if I make the leg (from KSEA to CYVR, very short, just for testing) with switch to default without PNW it works without problems. I have chosen Texture 2048MB, autogen at 2 (normal) and lod 4.5000 and the Vancouver 3 scenery from FSAddon. It crashes exact at the same place. Perhaps somebody here can reproduce this CTD and can give me advice?

best regards Kai

I have to pull up my post. I tried several days and I'm sure, the problem hides itself in the PNW-scenery. If I switch to default, everything works fine. If I switch to NA it crashes near CYVR (I can see the runways and the airport already). I just deactivated the airport from FSDT and even with the standard one (the CYVR-entries in PNW 05 scenery are disabled) the crash happens exactly at the same point. From around 30 fps to 0-2 fps; following by the crash some sceonds later. In process explorer I can see the demand for memory of the fsx.exe increases immediately from about 3,6GB to 4,1GB. That means OOM. I use Vancouver 3 too. What can I do now? My settings in FSX are moderat. Autogen normal, lod=4,5, texture resolution 2048MB.. :-[

best regards Kai

Hi Kai,

missed this post somehow, sorry about that, could you please state which OS you are using, XP, Vista, W7, 32 or 64 bit

also did you get the latest AI-traffic patch for NA there was a little bug in the previous version that in a certain combination of setting caused a loading problem

hi Wolter,

of course I will tell you these things: I use Win7 64bit, FSX with Acc-pack, everything in german versions. I think I used the latest patch for the AI-traffic but for sure I downloaded it again and tomorrow I'll give it a new try.

thank you, Kai

yes, these entries I removed too. I can solve this problem in only two ways: first, I deactivate one of the three sceneries which are there present. Second, I put the settings in FSX heavily down. Texture 1024, LOD 4.5 , autogen to normal and water to max. 1 high. After that I'm able to land in CYVR but it may happen, that the OOM comes during taxiing nethertheless.

best regards Kai

Archived