NZCH bad performance

StormVR6

Hello all,

Since the NZSI update I've been having terrible performance in and around NZCH. I've changed no settings but now only get around 20fps sitting on the runway, even with clear skies. I'm having no issues sitting at EGLC with the same settings, any ideas?

No, I'm reasonably well versed in how to apply a region in FTX Central. It's just NZCH which is affected, NZWN and other larger NZ areas are fine. It's a shame, because NZCH was running at an almost solid 30fps before the patch.

Thanks for that, what settings are you running at? I see you have aircraft shadows on.

EDIT: Also, flying in such an aircraft will help you a lot. I'm using the RealAir stuff (Legacy) which does take it's toll on frame rates, although this doesn't explain why I'm having this problem all of a sudden.

Settings, all sliders maxxed out with following exceptions:

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

LOD_RADIUS=6.500000

Mesh res.: 5m

Texture res.: 7cm

Water High 2.x

AI 100%

GA Traffic 100%

Road Vehicles 16%

Ships 30%

Graphics set via nVidia Inspector

FPS 30 limited in fsX

nVidia 310.90 WHQL drivers

REX Essentials+OD

tweaked Shade

tweaked enb

FTX Lights set to Night

Real Weather

How you're managing to run at around 30fps (I presume that's a solid(ish) 30fps) with those settings is incredible. I'm running MyTrafficX, so anything over 30% traffic would cause my PC to burn my house down!

Are you running 4096 clouds within REX? I pretty much have my settings the same as yours, albeit lower traffic (MTX, as stated), FTX day, and stock LOD. After getting to a decent level of performance (after much tweaking) I do still wonder how some people seem/claim to get better performance, even with higher settings. Although flying in simple aircraft makes a huge difference.

Thanks for your input.

my system specs are in my Sig :)

and yes most of the time I get around 30 fps depends a bit if there is a huge cloud cover they tend to drop which is logical and of course if I go over large AG covered builded up areas the tend to drop a bit, those are also the settings I use for testing :)

here the settings I use with nVidia Inspector => http://www.com-central.net/staff/fled/nVI_310.90A.jpg

I beg to differ, it does matter, as I have installed all the FTX updates and latest patches and beta's I don't seem to suffer the issue you are reporting there must be something that causes this, hence we want to figure it out also for future reference

When you installed the patch did you have set FTX Central to Oceania ?

Could you please try and re-install the patch and the latest library files with FTX Central set to Oceania?

When you installed the patch did you have set FTX Central to Oceania ?

Yes.

I've re-installed the NZSI patch and then the latest library update (121223) and no change. However, I have found the culprit; Scenery complexity - which has always been set to Extremely dense - causes a massive drop in frame rate when it is set to anything over Sparse, even Normal causes a 40%+ drop in frame rate.

All parts of NZ have never been demanding on my rig, NZCH probably the most demanding but only causing a couple of fps drop when on the runway.

Hope this helps, because NZCH has always been my preferred airport in the NZ regions.

Archived