Tilt Rotor - Bell Agusta 609

Ja50n01

Great idea, but the wilco version seems a little lacking in realism, don't you think?

Hi Frank, just wondering what sort of realism you are talking about?

Cheers

The real thing...

Posted Image

Wilco's version

Posted Image

The real thing again

Posted Image

Wilco...

Posted Image

No. I don't mean that the aircraft isn't professional and complex.

It's hard to put my finger on it. Maybe I am talking about the textures.

They just don't look as smooth as some of the other commercial aircraft available.

I also think they could have ditched the female model in the cabin. It is false looking (IMO) and detracts from the realistic look of the interior.

I have flown the Osprey model from FS9 and it was fun to fly, so I'm not saying I wouldn't buy it, but for my money, I'd probably spend my dollars on a Spitfire or the Dornier (there is realism, look at that windscreen!).

Frank

Interesting, I've always found the idea of Tilt-rotors appealing, depart via a Short Take Off and land same. Not too sure if this bird has the ability to Takeoff/land vertically though, i think the engine nacelles are a tad longer than allowable ground clearance.

I'm not too sure if the Osprey can Depart/Land vertically either, as for brush fires caused by the close proximity of the hot exhaust gases torching tinder dry Australian summer grass....i've actually seen a helicopter do this, no fire but you could clearly see the exhaust marks on the grass.

Question is would these babies be allowed to operate on total fire ban days?  ;D   

Not too sure if this bird has the ability to Takeoff/land vertically though, i think the engine nacelles are a tad longer than allowable ground clearance.

Go to u-Choob and search for... "BA-609 Display - Farnborough Air Show 2008" - It has some answers for you.

Cheers,

Archived