YMML Trouble

RangaNadz

Hi, I have purchased The full australia pack and Ymml from you. I have also downloaded most of your freeware. Everything had been running okay until I installed and then ran ymml. I noticed that none of the taxi way line markings were showing up. I tried playing with settings in Aero and Rex with no success. I then noticed that some of the aircraft are completely grey and when I ask for progressive taxi, no trail appears. I have posted this problem on your forum and I was asked to prove that I have indeed purchased the product. I did this and I have waited for about a week for a reply but have recieved nothing. I just want to know what is going on? I can understand that I need to make a proof of purchase but it should not be taking this long to reply, when I can see other paying customers are getting support. Thanks in advance, Michael.

The runways and taxiways at YMML are all photoreal so the taxi lines will not appear as clean and crisp as the APX drawn ones. That said, you should still see them but their clarity will depend a little on how good your graphics card is. Aero and REX will have no effect on these lines at YMML. The underlying APX is a standard FSX one so the progressive taxi should work as it was designed. I just did a check of mine and they appeared fine so I'm not sure why yours do not.

If you are seeing grey aircraft it could mean your graphics card is not coping with the airport.

Perhaps a little more information may help us to go through this. What processor and graphics card do you have and are you running DirectX 10 Preview mode? I assume the grey aircraft are AI aircraft, if so, What AI Traffic package are you running.

It would also help if you could post a couple of screenshots of your issues.

• 1 month later...

HI, I did a full re-install and seem to have ironed out the grey aircraft and progressive taxi issues by tweaking. I cannot get crisp ground textures at Melbourne though. How do I take screen shot to show what I mean? Any tips to try and fix - ie; Can you change just taxi way and runway to default to avoid photo real ground textures? Thanks

Archived