Sequim Valley W28

MustangAce

I seem to remember Orbx mentioning Sequim as an airport in development some time ago. I am still waiting for Bella Coola, Felts and West Yellowstone on DVD for my next purchase, but I am curious to know if W28 is still in the pipeline. I've been looking forward to hops to there from Diamond Point!

Hi Ace,

W28, Sequim Valley isn't entirely gone. I've picked it up (I'm the one who took all the photos) and will try to put it out as as a freeware airport in the not too distant future. One of the issues is that even ORBX freeware airports are very complicated and while I've done loads of the ORBX "enhanced" airports I've not put my hand to the detail of the higher level ones. Much of the work was completed by Ian Routley before I took over and there are a couple of things he's promised to complete that I have no idea how to do. Don't give up, it's still in the pipeline. It's nice to know someone is still interested in it.

Right now I'm busy finalizing the SAK airports so it will be while before I can get back to it. After that's out I should be able to find some time before starting the finalizing of NCA airports.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Alex,

JV has made it very clear that he needs the airport emphasis to be outside of the PNW. W28 will probably be the last updated airport for this region. Sanderson, Bremerton, Forks, and Tacoma Narrows were very interesting to do plus I've been to Sanderson and Bremerton so I had some insight to what they looked like.

Cheers, Neil

Good info Neal!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Hi Ace,

W28, Sequim Valley isn't entirely gone. I've picked it up (I'm the one who took all the photos) and will try to put it out as as a freeware airport in the not too distant future. One of the issues is that even ORBX freeware airports are very complicated and while I've done loads of the ORBX "enhanced" airports I've not put my hand to the detail of the higher level ones. Much of the work was completed by Ian Routley before I took over and there are a couple of things he's promised to complete that I have no idea how to do. Don't give up, it's still in the pipeline. It's nice to know someone is still interested in it.

Right now I'm busy finalizing the SAK airports so it will be while before I can get back to it. After that's out I should be able to find some time before starting the finalizing of NCA airports.

Cheers, Neil

Archived