EU ENG - Lighthouses off Lands End

Chirp

Hi Folk,

Being a bit of a Heli-freak I was delighted to find the Wolf Rock lighthouse (EGWR) & Longships lighthouse (EGLN) located just off Land End, both sites complete with helipads. Naturally, I couldn't resist the challenge and went in to land but try as I might all my attempts resulted in a crash landing. Most likely my rotten flying I thought! So finally admitting defeat I tried to set up a flight departing from Wolf Rock, but just as soon the flight loaded the aircraft crashed. The same thing happened when I tried setting off from Longships lighthouse. As both these sites are listed as airports and look like they should be landable I felt I better report the occurence to your goodselves. Asides from that I am thoroughly enjoying flying over my homeland and can't wait for Wales, Scotland & Ireland to arrive.

Best wishes,

Alan

Hi Paul, I don't have any problems with landing on the Lighthouses near the coast of Lands End.

You can see my screenshots here.

I think that Alan is flying with Realism Settings on.

Peter

/>http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/52210-picking-up-a-wounded-man-from-wolf-rock-lighthouse/

Many thanks for the prompt reply Paul and for the tip on Bishops Rock. You and Peter are both correct, I am flying with crashes on, but for me the challenge of a difficult landing gives me far more enjoyment than flying with the realism settings dumbed down! Its good to know SP1 will sort things out and I look forward to its arrival.

Kind regards,

Alan

By the way Peter - nice pic's! Happy flying. Alan

Archived