Blue squares in FTX England

real

Thanks for the update, it's good to hear a fix is in the pipeline.

As you say it's not the ideal situation but I've changed back to FSX default and left it off until the fix is available, as I fly for a VA so the situation was ok for the 20 mins I was over UK terrain lol

• 3 weeks later...

How is the fix looking for this little problem? Has it been fixed ready for SP1? Or does it still just stand as being reduced when SP1 is released? I only wish its fixed so I can leave FTX England enabled all the time :).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

After installing the much-anticipated SP1, I had hoped for improvements to the situation, but actually, IMO, it is far worse now. Those dreadful blue areas still abound, but this time all over the world (they may have been "all over the world" previously), and there is incorrect landclass everywhere.

For instance, climbing out of Dubai (not Fly Tampa), the desert is awash with strange flickering squares, and patches of blue, and stripes galore.

There is building landclass present on the top of mountains (for instance, in the Rio De Janeiro area), and buildings are perched bizarrely on-top of mountains.

I could provide pictures, but this issue was first dismissed by FTX, and then acknowledged in the SP1. I will disable ORBX England, and use when required, but it's sad that I can't use ORBX UK in conjunction with other (even default) scenery areas.

I hope that ORBX will respond favourably, as indeed they did before, in the end.

Thanks,

Fabio

Hey guys, there is no permanent fix for this yet, have a look at my post here.

/>http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/54657-what-fixed-the-texture-problem-for-me/

However since then I have found out although it fixes my default textures problem in Europe/Africa, because I don't have FTX Europe enabled England is a bit of a mess. So I have a choice with what messed up textures I want to see.

I may get spanked for this, but if we are all honest, the only fix to fly from an FTX region (England) to a European destination as an example, without having any messed textures what so ever will be to dig very deep in our pockets and purchase FTX Global when its released.

I may get spanked for this, but if we are all honest, the only fix to fly from an FTX region (England) to a European destination as an example, without having any messed textures what so ever will be to dig very deep in our pockets and purchase FTX Global when its released.

What? :blink::wacko:

What? :blink::wacko:

Basically it has been said amongst the texture problem posts and posts about FTX Global that when Global is released it will come with a new front to replace FTX central so you won't have to switch between regions "they can all stay switched on all the time" and as it is FTX textures that are replacing the default FSX textures, or will have common textures from the FTX region packs you won't get any of the blue patches or stripes anymore.

• 1 year later...

You describe in FAQ "Setting your openLC entries"  to set an "Insertion Point" on the Folder "Addon Scenery".
This method can cause trobles, as the "Addon Scenery" Folder isn't on a fixed Position (above the Edwards_AFB entry).

Today I installed the AYEO Emo Mission and the Ireland Full VFR Scenery and switched FTX Central between Global, Oceania and Europe.
In the end, the "Addon Scenery" Folder was on top, followed by the openLC entries and at the end the rest of the FTX entries.
(I didn't make an "Insertion Point" - but it seems not to be a certain solution? - as ther is no constant fix point in the library)

Albrecht

Archived