S45 Siletz, ver 1.01 Crash on taxiway & runway due to invisible crashboxes.

ramonb

Crash on taxiway & runway due to invisible crashboxes during Dawn, Dusk & Night so I infer they are related to runway lights and taxiway poles. Note, it works just fine during daylight.

I allays fly from this airport at Dawn and try to arrive at Dusk and this is happening since the update to version 1.01.

Steps to reproduce: Use any airplane.

Select S45, any parking spot, set time to Dawn, Dusk or Night then

try to taxi to runway 35 via taxiway or try using the runway.

Even better. Try to exit runway after landing using A2 :wacko:

Self Explanatory on taxiway Alfa

Posted Image

After Landing on 35 close to taxiway A2 (Hard to capture, resized image)

Posted Image

Next one is for reference, during daylight no problems: (Taxi A2 is just Left and Back )

Posted Image

Can anybody else confirm this?

If you need more testing or info, just ask.

Cheers.

Hello

Did the usual, reinstalled the PNW, S45 Siletz v1.01 and Latest Libraries but no luck, so it’s usable during daytime only.

Unless users have crash detection disabled, It's hard to believe no one else is having this problem when landing or taxing

to or from S45 at dawn, dusk or night.

Update: I found the culprit, so I guess I should wait for Bill.

Cheers

Hey Ramon!

Just tried to reproduce that crash, but i did not crash...

Nonetheless - an interesting find and maybe really worth to be checked out a bit more detailed.

So: What exactly is the culprit - or where is it tpo be found exactly?

Cheers, Christoph

Hello Christoph

Thanks for giving it a try. I’m glad you didn’t get a crash, but at the same time it worries me as then it does not seem to be a general problem.

I have FSX Deluxe with SP2, do you have the same or do you have FSX Acceleration?

The culprit is the “Airport Beacon†included in the version SA 1.01 update. It was changed from version 1.00. Now its custom made; it uses the s45_beacon_ObjectFlow_S45.xml file to control both the tower and the actual beacon.

If I disable that file everything works just fine, I lose the new beacon but at least I can use the airport. I will use my own beacon until this problem is fixed.

This problem affects all the way across, NOT only from the parking lot to the runway, but across most of the scenery. (at least from the houses to the windsock, maybe more)

I hope Bill finishes moving house or another developer drops by and notices this!

Here are some more screens explaining the problem.

If I enable the s45_beacon_ObjectFlow_S45.xml file, I can’t cross that RED line during dawn, dusk or night.

Posted Image

Crash in Parking Lot ???

Posted Image

The very nice looking culprit.

Posted Image

Cheers.

Hello Ramon!

... that could be indeed some trace - because i have the same "beacon-problem" as some other users have encountered with S45:

It's a missing beacon...

I will try all the same again once i have the beacon ready and running and then report back ASAP.

I hope too though, that either some other S45 users or some of the developers may also have a look at this so that in case something really does not work properly within the scenery package can be fixed, or - if the crashes are not "scenery-rerlated" maybe some other solution can be found.

Becasue besides that S45 is a real beautiful airport-scenery package.

Cheers, Christoph

Thanks for troubleshooting, guys. It seems as if the beacon & tower model inadvertently has crash boxes enabled. It's easy enough to generate a fix for it, but I want to go over the scenery and make sure nothing else needs tweaking. In the meantime, turn off crashing and enjoy the scenery.

Bill, the new full package is just great.

On the beacon issue, We know you can easily fix it. =)

I should point out that the old s45_beacon.BGL is not removed when updating to version 1.01, so that leaves 2 beacon files after the update (a bgl and the xml). Is that as expected?

By the way, the new runway lights are fantastic, but if you don’t mind me pointing this out, on my system they are only visible on final approach (less than about 1 mile), so it is a bit difficult to align to the runway at night.

@Christoph

I don't know if you updated S45 or installed from scratch, but just saw you post in the other thread, I hope that fixed the missing beacon issue.

Cheers.

Bill, the new full package is just great.

On the beacon issue, We know you can easily fix it. =)

I should point out that the old s45_beacon.BGL is not removed when updating to version 1.01, so that leaves 2 beacon files after the update (a bgl and the xml). Is that as expected?

By the way, the new runway lights are fantastic, but if you don’t mind me pointing this out, on my system they are only visible on final approach (less than about 1 mile), so it is a bit difficult to align to the runway at night.

@Christoph

I don't know if you updated S45 or installed from scratch, but just saw you post in the other thread, I hope that fixed the missing beacon issue.

Cheers.

Hello Ramón!

Thank You very much for the advice - i am on it and most confident to have the beacon exactly where it is ment to be very soon so to speak! :)

And now with Bill working on a fix, i am sure that also all the crashes will belong to the past very soon!

Well then - let's head towards S45 and enjoy it!

Cheers, Christoph

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I also experience the runway crash problem at Siletz Bay S45 exactly as described in the above 1st post. I did not notice the taxiway crash problem but definitely crash about halfway down the runway. I refuse to turn crash detection off and so I am curious as to know why there is no patch available yet - unless I missed it ?

By the way, there is a patch for the Israel's farm crash problem - the other runway in the field next to Israel's farm. Do a search in the forum.

Thanks and regards,

I spoke with JV, and it seems that the next version of the Orbxlibs will remove the crash boxes from all vegetation. In my testing, that was the thing that caused crashes, not the beacon. I tested my version of the beacon model, and found that it already had crashes disabled. The next time there's an Orbxlibs update, please download it and see if that fixes your crashing issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived