CRM winter textures

teeboy

Just installed CRM and the new SP1 patch after many months not using it (re-installing everything after a Windows induced crash of FSX) and on my first use at KMUO I have found all the ground textures are white - a little slewing around revealed the ground covered in snow, this at 48 deg F in November. An overhead view shows snow covering much of Idaho over to the Rockies. After changing the month several times it seems to happen from November to April. Is this normal?

Just to compare, I switched FTX off and checked the same scenario in default FSX - only snow at the bases of the mountains, plains everywhere else.

My CRM comes off a DVD so I am assuming its not corrupted. Have I got some corrupt texture files?

Nick

Ran 120509 - latest I had. Not sure the latest will help as I have removed CRM folders from FSX and re-installed CRM without the patch and its the same - snow for 3 to 4 months of the year.

I suppose I can always fly spring to fall!

Nick

Hi Nick,

Yes that is correct for that region, snow from November-April in the higher elevations, 48F is a chilly 9c!

Also if you have any weather loaded up that contains snow... the landclass textures will automatically switch to hard-winter

Cheers

Tim

Thanks Tim - it was just a bit of a shock going to Mountain Home for the first time in 6 months and being faced with a white landscape when the last time I was there it looked like a dust bowl!

9C - chilly? Get yourself to the UK, its like that for half the year!!

Nick

Archived