Texture Colour - Odd Abrupt Change

fltsimguy

Bryan,

I think you are referring to the larger change in the landscape? If so it is moorland, specifically Bodmin Moor, quite desolate & definately spooky on a cold windy night with dogs howling somewhere in the mist.

http://www.bodminmoor.co.uk/ http://www.jamaicainn.co.uk/history and the sign outside the Jamaica Inn swing to & fro in the wind with a chilling squeeking sound.

Too funny guys....you see the benefit of flightsimming...you can learn a lot.

While I did think of this (moors), I was actually more interested in the redish colour vs the green of the pastures next door because in Google earth it doesn 't show that way as far as I can see.

Go to EG03.....in Google Earth...the colour doesn't look anything like the sim representation, perhaps the google earth colour is wrong or perhaps that's how FTX represents moors in general so this landclass just gets assigned that colour.

It just struck me as too dramatic a colour shift. I'm just saying.

Flew around this area again this morning and find that I really like it. Also the photo real aggragates mines or whatever they are near Bugle, Whitemoor, Foxhole.

I mentioned in an earlier post that there was a bunch missing and that they were important for VFR flying in England in my opinion, so its good to see that some have been captured into the scenery.

Too funny guys....you see the benefit of flightsimming...you can learn a lot.

It just struck me as too dramatic a colour shift. I'm just saying.

Hi Bryan

Wasn't trying to be funny at your expense.It would have helped if you could have ringed the area of concern as there was some confusion judging from the replies. Your G E pic is taken at a height greater than that in fsx so it is hard to draw a direct comparison however even if he shade is a bit off it does differentiate between the cultivated area & the open moorland.

I actually thought the poking fun was good!

Second pic, the entire left half of the screen shot (red brown) vs the entire right side of the screenshot (greens)

Top screen is from Plan-G which calls upon GE. I just put that there so folks would know the location to the nearby airport EG03.

I do in fact believe its the Bodmin Moors and its likely the texture that is being called for simulation of moors. After flying around the area I become ok with it.

Archived