FTX Central/Duplicate Landclass Warning

CharlieF

Please can you help.....................

I have just purchased and installed the new ORBX England scenery.

When I open the FTX Central application I get the following error, "Duplicate Landclass Index 100 aborting FTX Central"

Pls can anyone help me rectify this error in FSX?

BRGDS

Charlie

Order Number FSS0187083

Hello Paul

I have mainly ORBX add-ons and VancouverX, a few freeware airports not situated in the UK

Here is my terrain cfg file

Control panel for ORBX no longer works too. Says "No configuration specified"

My England scenery has large patches of brown textures, it does not look right.

EDIT:Removed pasted file content.

Hi Charlie,

Can you attach the file rather than copy & paste it otherwise it makes a very long and hard to read post and sometimes parts get missed.

From what i could see you had loads of edits missing that England should add,

Once you have attached a copy here please try :

1. Set FTX Central to default (if it will let you)

2. Renaming your terrain.cfg to terrain.cfg.bak

3. Copy terrain.cfg from “\fsx\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work†and overwrite the copy in your fsx root folder.

4. Set FTX Central to Europe

5. Report if it works.

Paul

From what i could see you had loads of edits missing that England should add,

Once you have attached a copy here please try :

1. Set FTX Central to default (if it will let you)

2. Renaming your terrain.cfg to terrain.cfg.bak

3. Copy terrain.cfg from “\fsx\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work” and overwrite the copy in your fsx root folder.

4. Set FTX Central to Europe

5. Report if it works.

Charlie ... as per my suggestion to you elsewhere (and quoted from Paul's response to your post for your convenience)

Can you please read and try the above and report back. (Steps 1 to 5, as numbered)

• 3 months later...

Pardon me for resurrecting this thread, but I had a similar problem, which I've solved; I share the solution in the hope that it may help others who've experienced this error.

My install of FTXCentral would abort upon launching with this message: "Duplicate Landclass index 140 aborting FTXCentral". Following Paul Webster's instructions, above, did solve the issue, but replacing my problematic terrain.cfg with the one in the ORBX folder meant that my Ultimate Terrain X installation (for non-ORBX regions) was borked. So for me, it wasn't a viable solution.

I opened the problematic terrain.cfg file (the one in the main FSX install folder) and took a close look in comparision with the one in the ORBX folder. The key difference I found was an entry appended to every individual section of the "bad" file -- the General list, the Constants/landclass list, and each of the Vector Texture entries (all 777 of them!): ObjectSize=140. Since that number, 140, seemed related to the error message, I was suspicious.

After backing up the file, I removed every single occurrence of this entry, ObjectSize=140, from the "bad" terrain.cfg file...even though there were 779 of this entry, it was easier to delete than one would think, thanks to Notepad's Edit/Replace function. I then tried launching FTXCentral. Success! No problems launching FTXCentral, no problems switching between Default, Oceania, or NA, and while in Default, UTX was enabled with no issues.

While this is speculation, I think an addon was responsible for the ObjectSize=140 entry appearing 779 times. In this case, that addon was ExperienceX, the night-lighting enhancement. One of its settings allows the user to adjust the spacing of street and city night lighting, and in my case, the setting was 140 meters. Again, I'm speculating, but I can't imagine any other addon ever causing this before, and I've run FTXCentral without issues in previous FSX installs. The only difference this time was ExperienceX, and I've alerted the developer in case it is causing this issue.

All's well now, and I'm doing without ExperienceX. Hope this might point anyone having similar issues in the right direction.

Hi Rudi,

many thanks for taking the time to report your findings. We've been scratching our heads why out of sudden there are a number of posts with these "Duplicate Landclass" errors and were worried that it might have been an internal bug with FTX Central. Good to hear (as much as it can be "good") that it's an external cause and thanks also for alerting the developer of ExperienceX.

Cheers, Holger

Yep, it is definitely experienceX causing this duplicate landclass issue.

Just got "experienceX Night Lights" about 2 days ago, I set the program to 100 Mts

And now I get this "Duplicate landclass index 100 aborting FTX Central"

The way I'm getting by with this issue is keeping a copy of my terrain.Cfg, that way if you make any changes in "experienceX" this problem will reoccur and you will need to restored your terrain.cfg again in order to activate your FTX regions.

It is a simple process, but a very frustrating one too!

I don't know yet if I'm going to ditch "experienceX" yet this program really makes an excellent job at night outside Ftx world.

Thanks to Rudi for pointing this out.

Good to hear, momo737, that you've perhaps confirmed my suspicions and are managing the issue.

I alerted the ExperienceX developer about this, but unfortunately, he's not inclined to hold ExperienceX accountable. He suggested that FTXCentral might be adding those "ObjectSize=XXX" entries to the terrain.cfg file, but I know that's simply not true. I've run FTXCentral in at least two earlier FSX installations and had never seen this problem until installing and running ExperienceX.

UPDATE: I just ran this test:

1) Set FTXCentral to Default - No ExperienceX lighting installed and FTXCentral working normally

2) Checked terrain.cfg, which was "clean" with no ObjectSize=XXX entries after every section

3) Installed ExperienceX highway lights with spacing set to 140 meters

4) Checked terrain.cfg file, which now had "ObjectSize=140" after every section

5) FTXCentral crashed with the same error message I posted about above

Seems to me that ExperienceX, by inserting the ObjectSize entry, is causing this FTXCentral crash. Interestingly, it is only the inclusion of the ObjectSize=XXX entry in the Constants section of the terrain.cfg file that seems to be causing the problem. By adding it at the end of this long list of landclasses, and doing so out of numerical order, ExperienceX is causing FTXCentral to crash.

Hope this helps.

Hi Rudi,

Thanks for everything you're doing.

I think, i found a temporary solution for this issue. Try this whenever you get a chance, use 150 mts, but not lower than 149 mts and see is that works, because 150 mts and above is working out on my end with Zero FTX Central crash.

The other issue i'm having, is with UTX not displaying ExperienceX lights in HWY'S and roads.

You can also follow this Topic

http://www.orbxsyste...-compatibility/

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived