EU Enland.. Disable GenX VFR or not?

peebee

Hi, before I buy, have any of you guys that's just installed EU England have the Gen X VFR photo realistic scenery installed? If so have you disabled it or have you run EU England above or below it? Similar with UK2000 VFR Airfields vol 1 - 3. I'm pretty sure already that's its been mentioned that the bigger single release UK2000 airports work ok if layered above the FTX scenery have you found this to be the case?

I am keen to get the EU England and I don't want to cock up my other scenery but I am quite prepared to lose the Gen X VFR and use FTX instead.

Any advise would be very welcome.

Regards Peebee

Hi Peebee

I had just the same issue. You have to disable the photo scenery. Otherwise EU England will not show any scenery detail. Towns houses trees etc. I have disabled my photo scenery and all is well. I enabled it again and disabled EU England and all is ok too. The choice of UK2000 airfields I have not tried but the stock EU England ones are pretty darn good anyway. Hope this helps.

Hi Peebee

I've disabled the Gen X scenery with no problems. The UK2000 airports seemed to have defaulted on top of the FSX scenery with no adjustment on my part in the scenery library.

Don't forget also when FTX start to release their high detailed airports you have under the UK2000 airports a small programme that disables any individual airport of your choice.

Hi, I downloaded and installed EU England this morning. I did a quick tour of Liverpool, Manchester and Newcastle. I found that Manchester was a bit black. After a quick reinstall and update to v 1.5 all is well. I think I cocked it up when I updated yesterday from v1 to 1.5 straight off this time I used the 1.41 installer first then the update. I also have the Mantex textures installed too.

I removed all the Gen X photo VFR files from The fsx library first before completely uninstalling them.

Thanks for your advice. Peebee

Archived