Processes, Techincal Advice please...

PO

I gotten my computer running FSX great so far..have tweaked and overclocked...

*So I'm just pushing for a little more performance...

OK..Processes running in the background...The pic below shows what I run at the moment...

Question..Which ones can I further remove when I run FSX ?

(of course FSSCREEN was running to take the pic,so that's usually not there)

Posted Image

*Overclocked Specs: E6850@3.8, 8800GT, 2G DDR2@950, Gigabyte DS3L, OCZ600w, Tuniq Tower, XP Pro SP2

• 3 weeks later...

I can't give any technical advice but offer this as my experience - There is a comprehensive list of the Applications running on your Vista machine on the web with an explanation of each function and the consequences of disabling each of them - about 130 in total. I went through the list and disabled the majority, only keeping those I considered necessary based on the supplied explanations.

It is quite a more comprehensive list than that in "Windows Task Manager" and is called "Services", accessed by typing "Services.msc" (no " marks) in your 'start search' window which appears when you click on the round flag bottom left corner of the desktop. Click on 'Services' in the search result box and a table of the Services List opens and by clicking on each individual service in order a description of what it does appears in the top LH corner of the table. By double clicking on the individual service a 'Computer Browser Properties' dialogue box opens, with a 'Startup Type' label midway down - click the down arrow (RH end) and select "automatic", "manual" or "disabled" - your choice, click "apply" and "OK" and move on to the next service.

I disabled about eighty of mine and it got rid of all the Vista crap and the machine runs quicker and smoother, with no apparent problems. I made sure to create a restore point before this procedure just in case but it wasn't needed. For more information try www.vistaspeedsecrets.co.uk or Google vista speed secrets - it cost me about twenty dollars.  ;)

Archived