Mountains Around NZGY Very Few Tress

Lepres

Been flying at NZSI and love it. However, I notice many areas the surrounding mountains seem quite bare and empty of trees, even for Spring, Summer, Autumn seasons. Just flew in the area around NZGY and whatever the season, most mountains appear rather bare. Yes this the way it is in real world? Google map doesn't show that way. Mountains show up mostly covered in green.

I have most settings maxed out, including autogen.

Anyone notices this? Thanks.

But this was Summer. Aren't the mountains supposed to be covered with trees? On Google map one can see photos posted of that area and others that show the mountains to be thickly covered with. Or do the trees only grow in other season? Had tried Spring/Fall and the results were the same.

With autogen trees it doesn't make a difference. Weather it is summer, spring, winter or fall, autogen trees will always appear in the same place because that is where it was placed during development. I don't think that it is possible to create seasonal autogen placement. :)

The mountains/hills around that area are mostly bare of forest - looks like what I would expect from my observations driving around the other side of those hills. Well modelled in my opinion.

Archived