GTX 680 Blinking screen

bountyhunter

Brought a new EVGA 4Gb GTX 680 2 weeks ago replaced my ATI card,

it runs 3 Benq screens all the same type ...

connected via 2 * DVI and 1 by DisplayPort adaptor (active)

all was well but now that after a couple of mins in FSX (and now other games/sims) that the centre screen (on the DP connection) starts to go black then back to the display , this seems to cycle around at around 4 sec intervals (roughly).

come out of FSX and it continues for a couple of mins then stops.

im not sure if the card is 'duff' or I have a setting incorrect in the NVIDIA software.

updated to latest drivers

the card runs at 56 dgrs full pelt and looking at the graphs there are no spikes in temp or power

I tried taking out the DP and use a HDMI to DVI ...but when i tried this only one DVI - DVI screen worked I couldn't get the other to be noticed at all , it says online that you can use this config...but I remember with ATI you couldnt.

Any ideas anyone ?

Perhaps start by eliminating the possibility of a monitor being on the blink by swapping cable connections on two monitors, then eliminate the possibility of it being your DP - DVI adaptor by trying another one (I had a brand newie not work) - then start thinking about a card or driver problem by reseating the card and reinstalling drivers.

i have reloaded the drivers.

dont think its the monitor, but will check that .

did try the hdmi to dvi connector but as i said it only would only see one dvi to dvi and the hdmi to dvi, wouldnt see the other

i am a bit loathed to by a new DP connector as they are expensive.

i did wonder if it could be something to do with the vsync and DP not being able to handle it.

im talking to the supplier to see if it could be the card.

temps look fine, running at full boost it tops at 56 dgrs ish (idles at 30 ish ) and the power looks ok as well no spikes in either

think i have fixed it. well the blinking screen the hdmi connector is another matter

i adjusted the vsync in the nvidia panel to adaptive and tried again...this time got an out of range message. ah ha i thought

so adjusted to adaptive half refresh rate.

just tried fsx for 20 mins no flashing or out of range

all sliders to max (well water set mid ) and got a nice 25-30 fps at KORS (i have the limiter set to 30 in nvidia control)

so seems well cross fingers

I upgraded to the new drivers as part of the 'fix it' process

looks like all is ok, frame rates are smooth on all games/sims...wierd, it was working ok to start with .

Computers.....they will never catch on ..

still not sure why the HDMI connection will not work with two DVI connections NVIDIA says it will.....but as its working now ...best not to fiddle ::)

See classic case of poke and peek and you WILL find where the issue is :) just frustrating and time consuming at times to find the sucker's.

Side Note:

On the subject of Driver's which is probably why I NEVER update ANY Driver's unless there is a clear advantage in doing so. I administer several high end PC's in this area and their owner's used to use various STUPID auto Update tools (you know those Applications that are supposed to identify the correct update and install it ). So many issues were caused by these applications that I respectfully asked that they be removed or I would not be their go to guy in future. Many issues have since ceased to exist.

Archived