Objectflow....Stopped Working in a Slew of Apts.

fltsimguy

I have just come back to flying in PNW after installing and flying extensively in NZNI.

While most of my time was spent worrying about getting better performance, I happened to fly to/from several of the added airports like KORS and have just noticed that I have people but no peopleflow.

Checked Central - its set correctly, Checked Control Panels they are set correctly, Checked the Scripts and see the dll's for the airports, checked my XML.dll and notice that many of my airports have "lost" the section which triggers the Objectflow. They were all there, they were all working last time I flew into these airports.

I don't know the full extent of Missing objectflows from the xml.dll but what is more important is WHY did they go into cyberspace?

I will need to do an extensive cross check to see what airport objectflows are missing.

Is there something that might have randomly removed objectflows from my xml,dll that you folks know of? Here are the lastest entries in my file.

D:\Games\Flight Simulation 10\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY\scenery\ObjectFlow_NZNI.dll</Path>

D:\Games\Flight Simulation 10\traffictoolbox.dll

D:\Games\Flight Simulation 10\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_W16\scenery\ObjectFlow_W16.dll

D:\Games\Flight Simulation 10\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KJAC\Scenery\ObjectFlow_KJAC.dll

The only other new software added was Flight1 T182 Cessna.

I also did a alpha file fix throughout my entire FSX installation and some mipmap additions to some AI files.

I also checked the scenery files to see if for some reason the peopleflow files were shut off even though the control said they were turned on, so that is not the issue.

Bryan

Hi Brian,

Nothing from Orbx would 'remove' entries from your dll.xml,

The only other new software added was Flight1 T182 Cessna.

Did it add an entry? .. and leave a 'before T182' backup version of the dll.xml (I recall the AS Airbus does this)

I also did a alpha file fix throughout my entire FSX installation and some mipmap additions to some AI files.

I doubt thats the cause, but its something I would not run over my FSX!

You can of course add the missing entries back by dropping into each airport folder and double-clicking Mouduleinstaller.exe

Thanks Tim, yes rather than look for the missing modules I should just go thru the lot and rerun the module installers, that way if there is one there it will be deleted and if not I'll get a new one added. Perfect.

Hi Bryan,

I noticed that my "dll.xml" file was altered last Monday (20th) and all of my ObjectFlow entries (apart from KJAC) were removed. I'm not sure what caused it as I installed Prepar3D v1.4 and a couple of new aircraft into FSX on that day.

The good news is I found that whatever had altered the file created a backup called "dll.xml.orig".

You may not have been affected by the same addon but it's worth checking to see if a backup was created.

Edit: I also ran the Orbx P3D Migrator Tool v1.3. That wouldn't have removed the entries from dll.xml would it?

Interesting followup Martin, I haven't worked through this yet as I had other business to deal with, I plan on looking more into this today....I just don't know how that could happened and it's bother me....I haven't yet done the new P3D 1.4 install, but did load up a new aircraft as I mentioned.

I did run the migrator tool 1.3....can't believe that's the issue as it just setup the P3D dll I think.

I might have missed something I did somewhere along the way that I have forgotten about but I am working thru it.

I have just run the P3D Migrator Tool v1.3 again as a test and that does actually remove the entries from the FSX "dll.xml".

The migrator tool does mention that the "dll.xml" file is corrupt and must be rebuilt which is what happened when I installed P3D v1.4 last week. I assumed when I got the message it was referring to the PD3 version, not the FSX one. Maybe there is something wrong with my FSX "dll.xml" causing this to happen.

Archived